GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get something to throw in the tool box that I could use to lift the truck up a little and get it on jackstands while I am at school. anyone have a 2 or 3 ton jack that does this without much of an issue?

At home I have a couple big ass floor jacks but those just won't travel well.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Yeah i have a 3 ton jack that stays under the seat. When i put my shackles on, my big floor jack took a shit so i used the 3 ton jack and put jack stands under it. So yeah you would be good, considering yours im sure weighs about the same or less than my '03 ECSB.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im not worried about weight, just lift height.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
do you really have problems lifting your truck with 33's? my truck is on 37's with 15"s of lift and my regular jack stand gets my truck up fine :hmm:

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
i have a husky 3 ton jack i bought at home depot a few years ago. it lifts plenty high to do everything.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just wasn't sure, im not too worried about it but I didn't want to buy one and find out that its not gonna work as well as id like. thanks for the reassurance guys.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have a 3 ton GM Goodrich floor jack that I bought at Wal-Mart. I used it on my 2002 with a 6" lift and 33s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts