1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
the site is fucked

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I was making this thread yesterday but when i went to post it the site took a big shit. Never knew it started the thread with nothing in it.

I havent posted any recent pics of my truck so here is an update.
It's a little bit lower up front with djm upper and lower control arms, I put the stock tails back on and painted the calipers red. Changed the 5% tint out for 32% on the sides.

Performance wise I did a yank sst3200 torque converter thanks to Luke (1989k1500) for leading me through it and an HD2 shift kit thanks to Matt (Dezert1500). Don't think i could've done it myself without their help and advice. Amazingly i didn't screw anything up ***knock on wood***

Last time it looked like this:
IMGP2451.jpg

Now it looks and rides a lot better :imo
IMGP2774.jpg

IMGP2779.jpg

IMGP2781.jpg

IMGP2785.jpg

IMGP2763.jpg

Also added a B&M deep pan and Tru-Cool 28K trans cooler. As you can see the pan fit just barely with long tubes.
IMGP2773.jpg

BTW if anyone hasnt tried optimum poli-seal get some. Probably one of my favorite 1-step products bcz i am lazy.
IMGP2777.jpg

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Your truck looks great man.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
pics of trans cooler mounted up?
I shouldve snapped some pics of it while i was putting it on but i was in a rush to put it back together. It was pretty easy. Just removed the factory cooler and cut the lines. Then i ran rubber hose to the new cooler and attached with clamps. Havent seen the temps go over 160 yet.

This is the best i could get right now.
DSC04466.jpg

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
did you buy your converter used or did you paint it blue?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I has some stuff on the way to do the deed :secret:
Do it right the first time unlike our friend Garrett :crazy:

did you buy your converter used or did you paint it blue?
I bought it red and used with very low miles on it but i had it cut open at a local shop to inspect it and they painted it blue after they welded it back up.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
Looks great.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts