GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to bringing my SS tails up to the body shop to have them sprayed so ll do a little writeup on what i did.

The schmuck that had the car before me decided to use superglue to hold the plastic black outs on the tail lights to that was my main reason for this project. I started with 400 grit sand paper and worked my way up to 800 and then 1000. I also sanded off the letters and numbers on there that always got wax stuck in there.

Before:
New091-1.jpg

New093.jpg

New094.jpg

New095.jpg

New096.jpg

After Sanding:
New098.jpg

New099.jpg

New100.jpg

New101.jpg

Then i had my guy at the bodyshop spray the lightly with black and then 3 layers of clearcoat.

Sprayed:
New298-1.jpg

New299.jpg

New300.jpg

New301.jpg

New302-1.jpg

They didnt come out too dark but gave a nice tint and shine to them. i still need to take them off, wet sand and polish them to make them perfect.

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
looks good. why didn't you go a little darker?

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
I think they look great as they are in your pics.. im not big on the really dark tails..

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Looks damn good.

What's the mods on the SS? I used to have a 01' Camaro SS. Had SLP Intake. Other than that, bone stock. Loved it.

·
GMade03
272 Posts
came out nice could have made em a little darker with no problems but if you were goen for the smoke look there perfect looks really good.. i did mine myself with a spray on tint and clear coat.. heres a pic not the best but you get the idea there dark but you can see light through em just fine.. my only problem is backing up at night i have an almost blacked out back window and the dark reverse lights def dont help.. o well lol
Slam2.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:bowtie:
Looks damn good.

What's the mods on the SS? I used to have a 01' Camaro SS. Had SLP Intake. Other than that, bone stock. Loved it.
Thanks, i got a few things done:

-borla catback
-k&n drop in
-52 mm throttle body (free, so why not?)
-160 degree therm
-hypertech (i know, boooooo, it was before i knew any better)
-4.10s
-hotchkis trailing arms and panhard
-POSI
-subframe connectors

-plans 4 the summer- LTs, strut tower brace, and a Speed Inc dyno tune
-maintenace needed to be done- change diff fluid and oil, and plugs n wires

i may have him spray them a little darker when i do the front turn signals and rear side markers, but we'll see

·
attention whore
708 Posts
hawt!

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
looks good man Im looking to smoke my 05 tails pretty soon

·
Registered
64 Posts
came out nice could have made em a little darker with no problems but if you were goen for the smoke look there perfect looks really good.. i did mine myself with a spray on tint and clear coat.. heres a pic not the best but you get the idea there dark but you can see light through em just fine.. my only problem is backing up at night i have an almost blacked out back window and the dark reverse lights def dont help.. o well lol
Slam2.jpg
how many coats are these???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts