Votes: 20 90.9%
  • Black Textured Flares

Votes: 2 9.1%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have colormatched flares on my Silverado. I had a thought of swapping out my colormatched flares for a set of black textured flares. Let me know what you guys think.

IMG_0982.gif

IMG_0974.gif

IMG_0977.gif

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
ewww

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
What color is your truck? If you go with black textured let me know I have a set off my 04 that are taking up space.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Don't do it...the black textured flares are horrible. I took mine off first chance I got.

·
professional grade
4,193 Posts
why would you do that? i like your truck with painted ones. black flares would be taking a step back imo.

·
2,325 Posts
Definetly leave the painted ones on there. The black = :puke:

Did your truck come with the painted ones when you bought it? If not where did you get them? I would like to get some for my truck regardless if they come painted or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thought with my color they'd look good. Similar to andre383's truck from PT.net:
DSC00618.gif

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
colormatched FTW! Leave it.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
get the textured ones and send your painted ones to me :D

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm colormatching mine. I can see why you would want to, they would look a little better with the black wheels you have, but smoothed look nicer :imo plus they are easier to keep clean looking

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol...so far you'all think i'm nuts.:crazy:

still contemplating. i agree the colormatched are easier to clean and look cleaner/smoother being matched, but i seem to be digging the black look with the wheels and trim.:crazy:

·
2,325 Posts
well if you decide to go black and Chevy flares will work on my GM I will buy your smoothed ones off you. Just let me know.

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
i hope someone who lives close will slap some sense into you....keep the painted ones

just an FYI, you are going to get the same general consensus around here

PAINT > shitty black texture

1 - 20 of 33 Posts