GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a smooth fiberglass wipercowl for a 99-04 Sierra or a 99-03 Silverado. And I'm looking for 1 clear flushmount LED to use as a back-up light.
Thanks,
Justin

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You may wanna take a look at precision rodware for the led's. Really great stuff and I have a bunch of their stuff on my truck. 1badgmc also has them installed in his pan.

http://www.precisionrodware.com/home.html

Cameron

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
way2hi said:
looking for a smooth fiberglass wipercowl for a 99-04 Sierra or a 99-03 Silverado. And I'm looking for 1 clear flushmount LED to use as a back-up light.
Thanks,
Justin
You may want to look for a urethane cowl instead of fiberglass. I've heard that the glass ones will warp over time and don't fit as well as urethane. I have a urethane cowl that I got from stylinconcepts.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
got a pic of it installed? i havent seen one yet i liked

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend had a urethane for his truck and I heard the same thing about it. He has a fiberglass one on his show truck and he's not had any probs out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Let me see what i paid for it, and i believe it is fiberglass. How do i tell if its fiberglass?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
grab one end then the other and bend them together. If it cracks in the middle then it's fiber glass if it doesn't then it's urethane. just kidding. Urethane is kinda soft and flimsy while fiberglass is hard

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
You may want to look for a urethane cowl instead of fiberglass. I've heard that the glass ones will warp over time and don't fit as well as urethane. I have a urethane cowl that I got from stylinconcepts.
I'd go with a fiberglass cowl. The urethanes are a b*tch to prep and paint. I know my body man had alot of trouble with my brother's and it still didn't come out right....IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts