GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Unless you make $4/hr, you're better off buying an intake. K&N FIPK's are like $100 used now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
wuts the point of spending a 100 bucks on some used tubing? you could modify your stock stuff, get some tubing and make it the same as some k&n. buying intakes are a waste of money imo. mandrel bends are like 20 bucks from summit.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
wuts the point of spending a 100 bucks on some used tubing? you could modify your stock stuff, get some tubing and make it the same as some k&n. buying intakes are a waste of money imo. mandrel bends are like 20 bucks from summit.

Stock stuff sucks.

You'll spend hours trying to modify a box. I have better things to do with my time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock stuff sucks.

You'll spend hours trying to modify a box. I have better things to do with my time.

haha yeah i kinda figured it might take long time to modify it. Going both ways is good way to with. I guess I might just buy a full K&N though,I already have just the K&N stock replacement filter and it works finne. I just want a nice intake sound..like a whistling sound..lol :hmm: .I know theres too many threads about this...

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
just leave the damn thing. The only thing you really should try and replace is the main intake tube because the stock one flows horrible. Other then that just leave the fucker, its not worth 1 hp

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just leave the damn thing. The only thing you really should try and replace is the main intake tube because the stock one flows horrible. Other then that just leave the fucker, its not worth 1 hp
haha yeah thats what i figured, at the end im gonna spend all this time and nothing is gonna change.lol.i dont want to really increase power though just sound, thought some might knew about something...

thanks 86mcs that seems like its not a big waste of time, and might be worth a shot..

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
haha yeah thats what i figured, at the end im gonna spend all this time and nothing is gonna change.lol.i dont want to really increase power though just sound, thought some might knew about something...

thanks 86mcs that seems like its not a big waste of time, and might be worth a shot..

10 mins of wasted time. :bowtie:

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
TB spacer will help with sound only. I got one I'll sell for cheap!

:)

-bZj

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
How much is cheap for the TB spacer, and will it fit a 5.3.
$50 shipped (they run $100 new). It'll fit 99-02 4.8L/5.3L/6.0L. Someone has PMed me about it, but if he backs out, I'll let you know.

-bZj

1 - 15 of 15 Posts