GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what Snap-Ons warranty covers? I have one of their torque wrenchs that the rachet is broken. Will they replace this, or even fix it for me?:think:

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
I know all hand tools are covered by their life-time warranty. That should include screw drivers, wrenches, ratchets, sockets, etc. I'm not 100% on the torque wrench but I would say they should cover it. Even if they do cover it, your Snap-On guy will probably tell you to have it recalibrated once it's fixed, I think that's anywhere from 50-150 dollars depending on how big it is by ft/lbs.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
I just asked my snappy dealer. There is a 75.00 charge if over 1 year old to fix and recalibrated.

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just asked my snappy dealer. There is a 75.00 charge if over 1 year old to fix and recalibrated.
Thanks man! That's not too bad for a $231 tool. :crazy: So after that I would have about oh... $75 for a torque wrench.:rofl2: Thanks again.

·
The Dude
505 Posts
It is really nice to have both of my Snap-On torque wrenches calibrated once a year at no charge to me, and any repairs made with no charge either. I guess I'm spoiled.

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay wise guy.... I'll bite. Why is that?

·
Da Experimentor
351 Posts
our snap-on guys give us lifetime warranty on all tools except air tools, those are only a yr long

·
Registered
209 Posts
yeah just dont try and warranty your tool box lol. mine is less then a year old and its rusting like crazy ive been fighting with snap on for months and i still havent gotten a new box yet.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
yeah just dont try and warranty your tool box lol. mine is less then a year old and its rusting like crazy ive been fighting with snap on for months and i still havent gotten a new box yet.
Doc, how the hell you doing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts