GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
:wank: :wank: , lol just kiddin, im getting ready to put in a 383 storker beotch. . .lol, let us know what kinda numbers you put down, im hopin for 400 at the wheels with my setup. I have a few tricks up my sleeve, lol, did i mention my budget is only 2grand? nice! :D :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
how much did you pay for the ls1?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GMCtrk said:
how much did you pay for the ls1?
i got it with about $1500-2000 worth of accesories for $3500 shipped :D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99Silver5.3 said:
Sure that isnt an LS6?
its out of a 98 camaro so im pretty sure its an ls1...i WISH it was an ls6 though

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
:jawdrop:

That is awesome! Your truck is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I cannot wait to see it unveiled as a finished vehicle! :shake:

Keep up the great work, I'd love to know all the details on swapping an LS1 into a non-ls1 powered vehicle.

:worship:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Y2KSierra said:
:jawdrop:

That is awesome! Your truck is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I cannot wait to see it unveiled as a finished vehicle! :shake:

Keep up the great work, I'd love to know all the details on swapping an LS1 into a non-ls1 powered vehicle.

:worship:

thanks that means alot

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OrangeCrush said:
nice! hows wiring it up been?
havent started any wiring on the truck yet...im gunna wait and do it all at once. I got a street and performance ls1 wiring harness with the motor so it should go together pretty easily. Right now im trying to figure out how im going to work the electric throttle(fly by wire) into it all.

·
Registered
146 Posts
it cant be out of a 98 camaro cause i know that the 98 fbods had cable driven throttle cause a friend of mine had one now it might be out of a 98 vette explaining the ply by wire which means the engine will make more power stock . sorry to butt in just my observation on what little i know on ls1s. oh and by hte way yur truck is :rocking:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
diablojester said:
it cant be out of a 98 camaro cause i know that the 98 fbods had cable driven throttle cause a friend of mine had one now it might be out of a 98 vette explaining the ply by wire which means the engine will make more power stock . sorry to butt in just my observation on what little i know on ls1s. oh and by hte way yur truck is :rocking:
yea i got the fly by wire setup from an 02 yukon to replace the camaros cable. Im just trying to work into the wiring now.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OrangeCrush said:
interesting choice on the Throttle by wire, any advantages over the cable?
well i sorta got it for free so i couldnt pass it up. As long as it doesnt cost me a forture to get it intergrated into my wiring harness i should be ok.
Im still learning but i want it mostly because it will elimanate another line coming from my wall to the throttle and also it acts as the cruise control. Im intereted to see how the pedal feels too..should be pretty cool.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I wish they had a few more when I did my swap , plus the parts to do it, but Im stuck with a lt1 for now. They did have a 345 hp Escalade motor sitting for 1800 with the tranny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts