GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been helping pacebria put his new lift on the last couple days. Got home from work this morning to find that he got it back on the ground...

Went from: Cognito UCA's, green keys, Pro-Comp shocks, 2" blocks, and one helluva crank, 34" Buckshot's, 17" Driv wheels

To: Cognito 4-6" lift, Cognito UCA's, greens, 5" blocks, and haven't received the shocks yet, 35X12.50X18 Toyo's, 18X10 Driv wheels

Still needs to be aligned and camber corrected

Cognito failed to mention that you have to cut the exhaust, just like you do with the 7" :flame: Overall, I'm not really impressed with the lift. Not just the money, but we had one shitty time trying to line everything up. The 7" on my old truck was soooo much easier to install then this one.

DSC_2471.gif

DSC_2473.gif

DSC_2475.gif

DSC_2477.gif

DSC_2478.gif

And my new bucket:

DSC_2489.gif

DSC_2479.gif

DSC_2487.gif

DSC_2485.gif

The overhead mount I was bitching about in the Duramax forum:

DSC_2482.gif

Last but not least!!!

DSC_2490.gif

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Looks good! Wasn't he tryin to sell the truck?

P.S-I need some tits on my W200 too!

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gorgeous trucks...looks like a SLIGHTLY smaller version of ur old truck.
The funny thing is, they were both 05 2500HD's, 6.0L gas, extended cab, and me and him live in the same neighborhood :rofl2: Oh yeah, and our wife's drive silver Civic's and they're names start with L.

Deranged, sorry bout that... There weren't any catchy words to it, so you should be okay :crazy: I've got a set of wheels ordered, then I'll get tires when I can afford them. I ordered the Ultra Predator in 20X10, and I'll put 33X12.50 Toyo's on it. The bumper is already trimmed and I'll crank a little with new shocks. Hopefully that'll do the trick. I'd like to still be able to get in my attached garage instead of this one.

Scott: His truck was, and still is for sale. He had about 30 people say "I'm getting the money and I'll be there tomorrow". I've never seen so many flaker's in my life. He got sick of waiting, so here came the lift.

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Damn nice stable you got there.

9,778 Posts
Scott: His truck was, and still is for sale. He had about 30 people say "I'm getting the money and I'll be there tomorrow". I've never seen so many flaker's in my life. He got sick of waiting, so here came the lift.
that is how everyone is with my car...it is getting old quick!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Looks nice....love lifted HDs. That's one helluva shop you got there, too.

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
The white HD looks pretty big for that size lift, looks great and so will your truck when ya get some real meats under it. Do you like the dmax a lot more than the 6.0?

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Trucks are looking great JonyB!!!

I can't wait to hopefully get my building built this summer!?!

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the props fellas....

cooldude: There's no comparison with the 2 motors. Not only with towing and the trans, but with everyday driving. I should've bought a diesel long ago.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His truck before the lift with 34" Buckshots, 17X10 Driv wheels, and a crank with the Cognito arms:

HPIM0276.gif

·
Team Volvo
1,620 Posts
Nice trucks jonyb. Looks like you have a nice sized shop there as well. How much did you get out of your previous ride?

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice trucks jonyb. Looks like you have a nice sized shop there as well. How much did you get out of your previous ride?
Thanks :D I got $26,500 out of the last one, and I left the Cognito lift, 37's, Kodiak steps, helper bags, and the front-end billet on it. I kept the alarm and stereo. Even had to write a check to sell it :bawl:

The shop is a 36X60. I built it that size to accomodate a 30' boat, and 20" car trailer on one side with a little space left, plus it worked out well with the property. I still need to put a ceiling in it, but tha'ts gonna be a while. Materials aren't cheap.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 31 Posts