GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did the TB bypass mod and now my truck idle's funny. it idles high when its in gear. When I first crank it, it idles up for a second then back down. put it in gear, it idles back up. and when I go to slow down for a stop its idleing pretty high. any ideals? 05 5.3 sierra

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TB bypass mod? take the coolant lines running threw the TB and put them together and cap off the TB to help keep the IAT down

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
throttle by wire. I drop it down the road a little thinking it might re calibrate. hmm any ideals anybody?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I cleaned my tb and did the bypass mod at the same time and no problem here. I would follow Denalianos advise and check that all connections are tight.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
How dirty was your TB? Pretty caked? Is it possible it was so bad that it's not going to take your truck some time to recalibrate to the better flow?

I cleaned my tb and did the bypass mod at the same time and no problem here. I would follow Denalianos advise and check that all connections are tight.
How long have you been running the bypass mod? I thought I remember awhile back when I was pondering doing it to mine, then I read something that mentioned it isn't the best idea if you drive the truck in colder temperatures... like in MI winter. I'm just curious if you considered that or if you had any issues come up. :think:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
reset your pcm by disconnecting the battery for a while.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
How long have you been running the bypass mod? I thought I remember awhile back when I was pondering doing it to mine, then I read something that mentioned it isn't the best idea if you drive the truck in colder temperatures... like in MI winter. I'm just curious if you considered that or if you had any issues come up. :think:
It' been a couple of weeks since I did it. Some people over on performancetrucks.net who have done this mod and live in the upper eastern US haven't had any problems in winter, and Denaliano said that unless it gets down to Sibera temps then you might start having a problem. Plus it would only take like 10 minutes to reverse it anyway if problems occur.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
i never saw the point in the TB bypass. the air flowing through your TB is moving so fast that for the split second it goes through the TB, i can't see the coolant heating it up that much.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
if you unhooked your battery for some reason while you cleaned it, you would have to let it relearn while the truck is in park. if you didnt it might be a good idea to unhook from the battery. then rehook it up, start it and let the truck idle for a little bit until the rpm is steady, maybe 30-45 seconds, then turn the a/c on and let it learn itself for a minute. then you should be ready to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts