GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hahaha... first off... i'm dumb.....

anyway, i took off the silverado badge, and i was trying to get the sticky shit off, and i think i might have scratched the paint with it, because it looks like there are some permanent smear marks left there... what would be good to get rid of this?... maybe a wax job with some buffing?..

i also took off the LS badges on the rear frame... and dammit... I DIDNT KNOW THEY PAINTED OVER THE BADGES!!!!... now there are 2 little ovals left whare they were... not noticeable from far, but still noticeable...
i mean it doesnt look bad, just out of place....

this gives me a reason to get a sweet paintjob done... onyx black, of course... but with aqua blue ghost flames...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had some scuff marks from taking off my trim/badges, when getting my roll pan done the shop buffed them out for free. I think they just used really fine sand paper and wet sanded the clear coat just a little, then used a buffer - looks much better now

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
That's going to look sweet with a new paint job. Now dammit when are you going to show us some pics of your truck. or do I have to start a "get Onyx a digi cam fund". J/K

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
KOEHRSENLB said:
what kind of adhesive remover do yall like to use on the glue? i have this goo gone stuff, but i was wondering if anyone had other stuff that worked well.
I've used that stuff before and it works good.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1buda said:
That's going to look sweet with a new paint job. Now dammit when are you going to show us some pics of your truck. or do I have to start a "get Onyx a digi cam fund". J/K

ha... that'll work fine!... the thing is, my roommate has a digi cam, but we have no computer... my computer is stuck in storage, and i dont feel like pulling it out... so i just use my comp at work...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
onyx said:
i also took off the LS badges on the rear frame... and dammit... I DIDNT KNOW THEY PAINTED OVER THE BADGES!!!!... now there are 2 little ovals left whare they were... not noticeable from far, but still noticeable...
i mean it doesnt look bad, just out of place....
LS Badges on the rear frame? Huh?

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know.. the little LS badges that sit behind the rear windows on ext. cabs...

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
onyx said:
ha... that'll work fine!... the thing is, my roommate has a digi cam, but we have no computer... my computer is stuck in storage, and i dont feel like pulling it out... so i just use my comp at work...
Ok I guess we all just have to wait.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Man I debaged mine and I found out my had a paint correction. It was all messed up. Cost me $800 to get the passenger side bed and the doors redone to match the truck. Consider yourself lucky.

However, I got such a good deal on my truck, the $800 doesn't seem like much.

·
Registered
930 Posts
i debadged my truck and on the tailgate had chevrolet right, i can still see it when the light hits it rihgt. should i wet sant the tailgate?

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I wouldn't. Get a pro to buff it for you. Tis what I'm going to do when I get it back into the paint shop. Usually if you have some work done, you can ask for that and maybe they'll do it for free.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
onyx said:
you know.. the little LS badges that sit behind the rear windows on ext. cabs...
has ur truck ever been painted before? I'm having alot of my truck repainted b/c i took my truck to a shitty body shop and they masked around my side moldings instead of taking them off, painting, then putting them back on.

YOu can just get thoose small parts of your car painted :read: but a new paint scheme would look good

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
some mother fucker dinged my rear passenger door yesterday.. i was pissed.. so the thing is gonna be hittin the shop pretty soon... its going to have to wait until the radix is installed first though...

·
Alaskan Sierra
60 Posts
the best way to remove the badges or trim is to of course heat it up first, then run some 25 or 30 lb fishing line behind what ever your removing.after there is still gonna be some glue left. but any way i found a better way to remove that shit then using glue gone or what ever you used. just go down to you local paint store and ask for a adhesive eraser. sounds weird i know, but it works. make sure you get the one that you can put in an end of a drill gun. then just go down the sides takeing the glue off(you dont want to go full throttle with the drill) after you get all the glue off. just use some wax cleaner then rewax it. you'll never know it was there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts