GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from the club prez of sitting pretti. his buddy's little brother wants his 02 ext cab truck bodied on 22s. its fully bagged right now. big tubs in back but on inner fenders in front.
hes gonna try and make it over on sat for me to look at. its a v6 auto
heres what ive priced it at
hydroboost 750
relocate everything under the hood. 350 no inners or efans move batt. to back
tub the firewall 400
raise teh bed around the tubs 650. the tubs go almost all the way to the rail so they will still work
raise gas tank 200
channel the cab and drop horns for 1500

and for all you that say well your not a shop blah blah.. im actually in the works for having my own site designed soon and laser cutting my own brackets and getting more tools like a tubing notcher to build bars. i have a guy that can tig for me.
my business is mostly just gonna be sales. but ill do installs occasionally.
i dont wanna get burned out ya know.

so what do you think of that price

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
sounds good to me

plus ones he see your work on the s10 then u have some room to work with, but its
hard getting your name out their
and when your new people think they can low ball you because you don't have a big name

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
So if I got my math right...1+700...carry the 10...your gonna charge $16,890?!...haha I have no idea if it right do you have per hour labor rate?...I imagine somewhere between $40 and $65 per hour would be good.

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
am i missing something?

i came up with 3850?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
am i missing something?

i came up with 3850?
I know I was just being stupid but total numbers dont make sense to me just wondering if he could figure how many hours it would take him to do all the work then I could get a better idea of what he figures his time is worth to him.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
doesn't sound bad to me. if it were me i'd figure roughly 55 an hour....

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i did it by the hour it would prolly be way more. im not worried about the hour rate. i will have around 1000-1250 in material including the hydro boost so making roughly 2500 on it. i dont care. if it ends up being 20$ an hour. i will bust my ass obv. i do this shit because i love it and try to be fair and about average with shop rates. it will obv take prolly a month and a half or so to do the job and i will most likely try to work on it every weekend and as much during the week as possible which is good since im doing it at home. it makes it easier. i orig told them 2500-3000 but then he said it doesnt lay in front so i have to do all that shit and i forgot about the hydro boost so thats where all the extra comes from. if he paid for all the shit i needed id do it for 2500 bucks flat.

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
Out here in Cali, our going rate for a bd was $1500 per inch for trad/channel and $2000 an inch for stock floor. But that's over-priced cali money i'm talking. So you should be right in the ball park on that.

Make sure to take lots of pics and show your work. There will be a test at the end!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Out here in Cali, our going rate for a bd was $1500 per inch for trad/channel and $2000 an inch for stock floor. But that's over-priced cali money i'm talking. So you should be right in the ball park on that.

Make sure to take lots of pics and show your work. There will be a test at the end!
i ALWAYS document my work with pics.even work that i im not charging for. just so later i can say yeah check it out ive done this and this

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
cool shit dave good luck getting your site and shit up and running and making a name

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Good luck man. Like I said in text, reasonable price. Not high or low IMO. Just make sure to do it right so he doesn't come back for repairs or re-do's. Make sure you cover your ass legally too. You don't need a law suite.

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
next we can body my mini cooper, lol

it rolls on big 13's hahahah

post tons of pictures man!!!

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Make sure you cover your ass legally too. You don't need a law suite.
That is why shops charge more, they have liability insurance :imo I don't know if your prices or high or fair, but definitely talk to an attorney if you're going to be charging or having it as a business so you'll be protected in the worst case scenario.

·
Registered
514 Posts
put the hydro boost on it. tear out the inner fenders. gut the interior but leave it driveable.and ship it over here. and ill do it for 2gs
i would to but after i ship it there and shit it back and do all of that im looking at a $6000+ bodydrop for that price it better be sick as hell

1 - 20 of 24 Posts