GMC Truck Forum banner

So I got tired of weak LED bulbs....

1697 26
First off thanks for Buttespade's how-to on installing footwell lights that I did about a year ago. After I did all LED bulbs in my interior, I got tired of them not being as bright and blinking all the time. So here is a little something.

I got these from a buddy of mines for 15 bucks a strip.

The ends of the LED Strip

Soldered leads to an old 194 socket.

They had double sided tape so I put one LED strips on each side.

Finished

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
very nice. whered your buddy get those from? i need something like that. LEDs should be in the future, just have to decide how im going to do them.

·
//NC FL\\
1,082 Posts
First off thanks for Buttespade's how-to on installing footwell lights that I did about a year ago. After I did all LED bulbs in my interior, I got tired of them not being as bright and blinking all the time. So here is a little something.

I got these from a buddy of mines for 15 bucks a strip.

The ends of the LED Strip

Soldered leads to an old 194 socket.

They were double sided tape so I put to LED strips on each side.

Finished

what kind of led did you have before these? also what kind is in your p/s door? your truck looks good with them

·
Team White
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I asked him where he got them, but he wouldn't tell me but I found something similar on ebay.

I had a single 194 with 9 leds that I had got from ebay, those are what I have in the doors also but they start to blink after a while.

The led strips are white but in the pictures they kind of look blue.

·
//NC FL\\
1,082 Posts
I asked him where he got them, but he wouldn't tell me but I found something similar on ebay.

I had a single 194 with 9 leds that I had got from ebay, those are what I have in the doors also but they start to blink after a while.

The led strips are white but in the pictures they kind of look blue.
cool man thanks. again def looks good

·
Officially Tucking Tire
9,643 Posts
looks great!

how could i wire these to a switch?:hmm:

·
Team White
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All it needs is 12volts to power the strip and the good thing about it is that you can cut them too if they are too long and use the remaining piece for some where else.

If you want to hook it up to a switch, just find a constant 12v and run it to the switch and to the switch to the led.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
2,363 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.