GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Team White
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off thanks for Buttespade's how-to on installing footwell lights that I did about a year ago. After I did all LED bulbs in my interior, I got tired of them not being as bright and blinking all the time. So here is a little something.

I got these from a buddy of mines for 15 bucks a strip.

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

The ends of the LED Strip

DSC00947.jpg

Soldered leads to an old 194 socket.

DSC00949.jpg

They had double sided tape so I put one LED strips on each side.

Finished
DSC00953.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
damn those look really good and bright, since i helped u out with the footwell lights, you should send me some of those strips so i can be a test dummy also :read:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks great. I did mine with blue over a year ago. And just had to add some to the back so the kids could have something in the back of the SS.:head:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
very nice. whered your buddy get those from? i need something like that. LEDs should be in the future, just have to decide how im going to do them.

·
//NC FL\\
1,067 Posts
First off thanks for Buttespade's how-to on installing footwell lights that I did about a year ago. After I did all LED bulbs in my interior, I got tired of them not being as bright and blinking all the time. So here is a little something.

I got these from a buddy of mines for 15 bucks a strip.

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

The ends of the LED Strip

DSC00947.jpg

Soldered leads to an old 194 socket.

DSC00949.jpg

They were double sided tape so I put to LED strips on each side.

Finished
DSC00953.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

DSC00954.jpg
what kind of led did you have before these? also what kind is in your p/s door? your truck looks good with them

·
Team White
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I asked him where he got them, but he wouldn't tell me but I found something similar on ebay.

I had a single 194 with 9 leds that I had got from ebay, those are what I have in the doors also but they start to blink after a while.

The led strips are white but in the pictures they kind of look blue.

·
//NC FL\\
1,067 Posts
I asked him where he got them, but he wouldn't tell me but I found something similar on ebay.

I had a single 194 with 9 leds that I had got from ebay, those are what I have in the doors also but they start to blink after a while.

The led strips are white but in the pictures they kind of look blue.
cool man thanks. again def looks good

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
looks great!

how could i wire these to a switch?:hmm:

·
Team White
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All it needs is 12volts to power the strip and the good thing about it is that you can cut them too if they are too long and use the remaining piece for some where else.

If you want to hook it up to a switch, just find a constant 12v and run it to the switch and to the switch to the led.

·
MAG Autoworks
286 Posts
i need theses in blue

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts

·
MAG Autoworks
286 Posts
anything thats not 20 bucks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts