GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accidentally of course... I had no clue it was THAT bad in this field. We were at my wife's parent's land and just driving down to see the creek. An OBS truck ended up getting stuck and it took an old 70's dodge and 6 chains to finally get her done. Problem with the first truck was that we didn't have enough chains to get him on solid ground away from me. Needless to say, I was pretty far into it...

DSC04567.gif

DSC04566.gif

DSC04570.jpg

Also, a few random pics from the day's festivities...

Brother in law's truck, nice, even for a F**D
DSC04578.gif

The wifey popping off a few rounds with the .22
DSC04573.gif

The boat I'm working on getting from my parents-in-law, great vintage boat restoration project!
DSC04593.gif

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guys that helped me out had me a bit scared for a while... When the OBS chevy got MORE stuck than I was, the dodge hitched up with a chain, got a good bit of slack and just let her rip. I've never seen anything like that and it had me a bit freaked out. Dodge lost a bumper on that deal and he could've cared less...LOL

Once the Chevy was up on dry ground, we added two more chains to the 4 we already had to get me out. Fortunately, he was a bit more forgiving about the whole "yanking the chain" thing, so I eased out nice and easy.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Noice!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought I was safe when I started backing up, but as you can see I wasn't.... As soon as my tread got packed it was done, yes, that red mud was fucking SLIIIIIICK.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts