GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello My Name Is Jeff Curtis And I Got A 85' Chevy Custum Deluxe And I Was Wondering If I Shave Off Everything Would It Be Illegal?? Because I See All These Nice Clean Trucks All Shaved And My Dumb Ass Step Dad Is Like "thats Illegal" Well Put Down Your Ideas Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
if you shave your taillights, the minimum height for Taillights in TX is 16inches. I have been given warnings for that violation lots of times by state troopers, they have to pull the book out though.

1badgmc. Just FYI, I got me a 71 Duster, origional FY1 Yellow car :) gonna be my race car. did you ever decide to make progress on yours? I also found a Hemi Orange 340 4speed Duster that Im going to pick up :) and Grounded just turned me on to a 70 Barracuda that I will prolly go look at in houston this weekend. I guess you can tell im not as interested in my truck as much, and more into these muscle cars...cant go wrong with mopar muslce :)

Patrick

·
Registered
248 Posts
shanker said:
1badgmc. Just FYI, I got me a 71 Duster, origional FY1 Yellow car :) gonna be my race car. did you ever decide to make progress on yours? I also found a Hemi Orange 340 4speed Duster that Im going to pick up :) and Grounded just turned me on to a 70 Barracuda that I will prolly go look at in houston this weekend. I guess you can tell im not as interested in my truck as much, and more into these muscle cars...cant go wrong with mopar muslce :)

Patrick
Nice, man!! I'd love to have a '70 'Cuda. Back when I was in HS there was one for sale. It was a 340 4-speed in immaculate condition with tons of extra parts, but I was a poor HS kid then. :(

No, I haven't messed with my Duster yet. My boy wanted to get in it and play one day, so I was sitting in it with him. I so wanted to start tearing it apart right then and there! It'll have to wait, though. Right now my next goal is to build a motor for my truck and put my truck motor in my beater Caprice.

·
Registered
183 Posts
In Ga you have to have a driver's side rear view and a interior mounted rear view or both outside mirrors and no interior or all three is also o.k. There is a minimum taillight height requirement in most states. See if you can dig up your states law on it on the internet. The state web site should have a link to the actual code of law somewhere. Or just ask the police themselves. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts