GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today when I was getting on the freeway coming home from work, I got up to 50MPH when the RPM's kept rising, like I was in neutral.. :wtf:

So I immediately let off the gas and was like "you've got to be kidding me.." :pissed: My car did this same thing when it had only 8,000 miles on it, and I had to have a complete transmission replacement.

So I took my car to Rydel in Van Nuys, and it looks like I won't get my truck back until Friday or Monday (depending on insurance). I have 42,800 miles on it now, and thanks to an extended warranty (5yr/70k miles) it should (99.99%) be all covered.

This seems very strange to me that THE SAME THING has happened twice, in under 50,000 miles... LEMON?? :bawl:

But whatever...

-Justin

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
damn that sucks... good thing no one hit you...

YOu bought ur truck from Rydell? I did too :anitoof:

·
Registered
736 Posts
yoskater said:
So today when I was getting on the freeway coming home from work, I got up to 50MPH when the RPM's kept rising, like I was in neutral.. :wtf:

So I immediately let off the gas and was like "you've got to be kidding me.." :pissed: My car did this same thing when it had only 8,000 miles on it, and I had to have a complete transmission replacement.

So I took my car to Rydel in Van Nuys, and it looks like I won't get my truck back until Friday or Monday (depending on insurance). I have 42,800 miles on it now, and thanks to an extended warranty (5yr/70k miles) it should (99.99%) be all covered.

This seems very strange to me that THE SAME THING has happened twice, in under 50,000 miles... LEMON?? :bawl:

But whatever...

-Justin
So it won’t shift in to second? Meaning your truck will go 50mph in first gear? Mine will only go up to 40mph at 5K RPM. Unless u have a shift kit, or the V8's are different. Mines a 4.3L

Anyways, at least it’s under warranty, I just had my axel replaced (under warranty) because it was bent and squeaking. They actually thought it was the brakes at first and replaced those under warranty too, kind of a waste though; the truck only had 5k miles on it
:bowtie:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
So it won’t shift in to second? Meaning your truck will go 50mph in first gear? Mine will only go up to 40mph at 5K RPM. Unless u have a shift kit, or the V8's are different. Mines a 4.3L

Anyways, at least it’s under warranty, I just had my axel replaced (under warranty) because it was bent and squeaking. They actually thought it was the brakes at first and replaced those under warranty too, kind of a waste though; the truck only had 5k miles on it
:bowtie:
at about 6k, i'd imagine it would be at 50....

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I bought my truck from the Santa Paual dealership.. my dad knows the owner so we got $7,000 off each of our trucks (maybe thats why he sold me a lemon :think: )..

Well now you guys got me confused on if it would shift at 50 or not.. because I actually think it would go PAST 50 sometimes then shift, now I'm not gonna find out til the new transmission is in, so then I'll let ya know :LOL:

Mines a 4.8L, and no one would have hit me cause fortunately I know how to drive :driver: AND I've experienced this problem before. So from drive I would just put it into third gear and cruise at like 55. Ohyeah and I stopped at a gas station before taking it to the dealer to check under the hood for noises or anything obvious, and when I put it in reverse NOTHING HAPPENED so I had to push my car back a couple feet then drive off!!

no second gear and no reverse :suicide:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
lol, that was the same thing with my truck... my grand father was one of the original execs at Disney, the owner of the dealership remembered getting free passes to go to Disney land, and a deal came from there. And my grandfather, ended up going through cars at a rate of 2-3 a year for about 20 years... good way to develope a relationship with a car dealer. My dad also being a GM employee didn't hurt either :anitoof:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice.. it's always good to have hook ups here and there. My dad being Iranian (but in America since he was 17) knows thousands of people and does a lot of business... so he never pays retail for anything.

"Communication is the key"

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Sucks to hear. Good thing it's under warranty.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
damn, i have driven a few trucks off the lot for work that wont shift either. there was a service bulletin on some.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, Rydell in Van Nuys was probably the best customer service I've ever recieved.. I sent my truck in at like 4pm Tuesday and I got it back this afternoon.

They were really nice and quick! They put in a new tranny that woulda cost me $1,580.00.

The only thing that pissed me off is that they didn't fix my window problems because something was "bent" (supposedly my fault) and they are saying that's what is causing the problems.

So I'm back up and running.. truck drives like new! :bowtie:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
thats tiiiite... dealerships won't touch my truck anymore... i hope nothing like that ever happens to me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts