GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well-

The damn thing started acting up after only two weeks of use :lazer:
I figured the cord was simply messed up, as the machine started to intermittently not work, and then it stopped working all together. Rather than try and fix it myself (which I now wish I would have, and I'll explain why in a minute), but I decided since it was brandy new and under warranty, I'd take it to the place I bought it. They sent it to a repair place that's 20 minutes north of where I live and I was told it'd take 4-5 days to get it back.

As of yesterday... It's been 2 FUCKING WEEKS :flame::think::mad:

I called just now and asked wtf the deal is. And unfortunately, the fucking place it's currently located is CLOSED until the 14th?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I spent $235 on this thing. And I used it for barely two weeks. It's been gone for 2 weeks. This is a nightmare. Fortunately, I borrowed a friends DeWalt after I took the Makita in. And I had ZERO details last week, so at least I didn't need the damned thing.

But this is bogus... There's nothing at all I can do. And as much as I'd like to just rip into the manager of both places, it's not going to do any good... So I guess I'm S.O.L :big_banana_Dance:

[/endrant]

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Did you buy it at a Brick and Mortar store? Why not take it back there?

·
Team White
2,532 Posts
I bought my Makita buffer used in good condition on ebay for a 100bucks. Works just fine but recently the power cord gave in so I got a another cord from a Makita department store. Sucks that you recently bought it cant even use it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
that is why i always buy local

·
Registered
318 Posts
Honestly, if it is a power cord issue, you can take the machine apart and cut the power cord back and re-attach the cables inside the buffer.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
we have a makita and it survived my cousins that managed to break a shop vac, smoker, chainsaw, and mower but not the makita.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly, if it is a power cord issue, you can take the machine apart and cut the power cord back and re-attach the cables inside the buffer.
I was going to, but without tearing into it I wasn't 100% sure it was the cord. I've had the same symptoms on other power tools so I just assumed it was the power cord. but since it was brand new, I figured I'd just take it back and get them to fix it. That was if it was something other than the cord, they wouldn't say I tampered with it and it's not covered... I didn't expect a month fucking wait time though...

go with a chain store if you can next time. they'll just replace it on the spot.
I could have bought one online through HD, as it's available as an online product only through them. But for $5 extra, I just figured I'd support local business and they were even able to have it in the same day. If they had another in stock when I brough it back, I probably would have got one. I'm still thinking about going down there and raising all hell and getting them to give me a new machine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts