GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I sold my truck this past week and now Im in the market for a nice pre-88 K10 or K20 truck. I was wondering if any of you knew of any around your area for sale that you could let me know about or possibly give me some links to some good websites.

Here is one that I am in contact with the owner about...He said if it doesn't sell for what his reserve is, he will just keep it...yet he didn't tell me what his reserve is lol. I dont want to bid on something though without seeing it in person, so Im trying to get his number and check it out this week since its so close. Lemme know what you guys think of this rig...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230331600201&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

If I end up with something like this, I plan on keeping it for a long time and building it up to what I want (D60 front, 14FF rear, Built 350, etc.)

I'll take all the help I can get in finding a nice, bad ass rig...I've got quite a bit of cash to play with since I sold my 99...lemme know!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
First off: That was a very nice truck you had, sad to see it go.
second: get a truck from DOWN SOUTH. if its anything from up here it is rusty, and if its been painted then give it 2-3 years and itll be rusty again. Down south is the way to go.
Third: I had a long bed and loved it for a few years, then I sold it, if I were to do it again I would build a short bed. Just take your time in chosing the right truck.
Thats my .02 atleast.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
There are lots for sale around me on Craigslist. Most are usually rust free.

I just sold an 83 LWB K10(15 whatever) a few months back for $1500.

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
Hey guys, I sold my truck this past week and now Im in the market for a nice pre-88 K10 or K20 truck. I was wondering if any of you knew of any around your area for sale that you could let me know about or possibly give me some links to some good websites.

Here is one that I am in contact with the owner about...He said if it doesn't sell for what his reserve is, he will just keep it...yet he didn't tell me what his reserve is lol. I dont want to bid on something though without seeing it in person, so Im trying to get his number and check it out this week since its so close. Lemme know what you guys think of this rig...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230331600201&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

If I end up with something like this, I plan on keeping it for a long time and building it up to what I want (D60 front, 14FF rear, Built 350, etc.)

I'll take all the help I can get in finding a nice, bad ass rig...I've got quite a bit of cash to play with since I sold my 99...lemme know!

I found bunches of them in AZ for dirt cheap! There are so many cars an trucks there for sale, since they don't rust out like in Ohio. Gotta love winter!!!

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off: That was a very nice truck you had, sad to see it go.
second: get a truck from DOWN SOUTH. if its anything from up here it is rusty, and if its been painted then give it 2-3 years and itll be rusty again. Down south is the way to go.
Third: I had a long bed and loved it for a few years, then I sold it, if I were to do it again I would build a short bed. Just take your time in chosing the right truck.
Thats my .02 atleast.
Yeah, it was a nice truck, but it was starting to show its wear....had 125k, tranny was gonna need rebuilt, rockers/cab corner was rusted out, fuel pump was gone, CV's and tierods were already shot (only year old)...just tired of replaceing all the BS that kept going and comming up. Never again will I do ford keys in a truck like this if I own another one...the wear/tear just isn't worth it in the long run.

I got $8500 for it, so in combo with some of the other money I got saved up, I have around 10g to play with...I wanna find a really nice pre-88 truck thats rust free to build up nicely. In the end, the truck will be stronger and look better to me than what I had :imo

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Yeah, it was a nice truck, but it was starting to show its wear....had 125k, tranny was gonna need rebuilt, rockers/cab corner was rusted out, fuel pump was gone, CV's and tierods were already shot (only year old)...just tired of replaceing all the BS that kept going and comming up. Never again will I do ford keys in a truck like this if I own another one...the wear/tear just isn't worth it in the long run.

I got $8500 for it, so in combo with some of the other money I got saved up, I have around 10g to play with...I wanna find a really nice pre-88 truck thats rust free to build up nicely. In the end, the truck will be stronger and look better to me than what I had :imo
gotcha, well the best advice I can give you is find a rust free truck. That'll get you a good solid ground for builing a nice truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts