GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going with Boyd Timeless 6's.

Still have a few questions though..........I will eventually go 4/6 and I want to run a tire close to stock height approx 29.5-30"

Should I run 20x8 in the front and 20x9.5 in the back?

Will this tire combo work?

front 275/45R20
Back 265/50R20

Also, what backspacing would i need to tuck with those tires with about .25" clearance from the fenderlip?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sevenfold said:
I'd just run 20x8s all around with 275/45/20s if you want to get the most out of your tires by rotating them regularly. If the Boyds are 20x8s, you will need at least 5.5" of backspacing.

Good idea on the rotating! :cheers:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i'd personally run a wide tire out back. I guess it would look funny to have a itty bitty tire out back. I'm running 245/40/20 up frotn and 295/40/20 out back.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i'd personally run a wide tire out back. I guess it would look funny to have a itty bitty tire out back. I'm running 245/40/20 up frotn and 295/40/20 out back.
:word: Do you have any photos of your rear tires in the fenders or from behind? My 245's look tiny out back... :mad:

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
lowred said:
those are some badass wheels. look at sierra sport.
Here ... :cheers:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Besides the metal and the weight....whats the diff between the all billet T6's and the Cast T6's?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
:word: Do you have any photos of your rear tires in the fenders or from behind? My 245's look tiny out back... :mad:
He posted some pics on a different section, he has some sweet looking tires out back, but I still wanted to be able to rotate tires

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
buginajar said:
Besides the metal and the weight....whats the diff between the all billet T6's and the Cast T6's?
cast rims, u curb em and there done, billets, u can get rehooped. In other words, u fiz billet, cast you have to buy a new rim.

oh i was gonna post that pic, but u can't really see wheels that well. I'd imagine that u'd lose the rear end pretty easily.

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
here are my 295/40/20 out back ..
with 4/6

with 5/7

i will get a pic of the tire in the wheel well tomorrow .. :cheers:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bcubed said:
He posted some pics on a different section, he has some sweet looking tires out back, but I still wanted to be able to rotate tires

what kind of wheels are those?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts