GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2011 Silverado Driver
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 NNBS with the standard 1 disk XM head unit and I thought I had seen somewhere that you could run a sub and amp while still keeping the stock head unit. Is this true?
( I want to keep the stock head unit for now because the only aftermarket one I'd even consider running would be a Pioneer double-din and those seem to go for about $400 and that's a little steep for me right now)

Also, I was thinking that since I have and ext. cab I'm limited on airspace so I was going to run this sub:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-10C104-10-Inch-Subwoofer-Black/dp/B0036W7OTY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1314567403&sr=8-3"]http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-10C104-10-Inch-Subwoofer-Black/dp/B0036W7OTY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1314567403&sr=8-3[/ame]

I was going to build a custom box that would fit flush under my back seats and I'd like to have a ported one since those seem to sound better. So does anybody have a template of a ported box for a 10 under a NNBS ext. cab seat or anything that can point me in the right direction?

Also what amp would you guys recommend? (I'm trying to keep this from being really pricy so keep that in mind, also I'm not going for competition spl or anything so I'm basically just looking to add some nice bass)

You guys know more than I do so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :shake:

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
I have a 2011 NNBS with the standard 1 disk XM head unit and I thought I had seen somewhere that you could run a sub and amp while still keeping the stock head unit. Is this true?
( I want to keep the stock head unit for now because the only aftermarket one I'd even consider running would be a Pioneer double-din and those seem to go for about $400 and that's a little steep for me right now)

Also, I was thinking that since I have and ext. cab I'm limited on airspace so I was going to run this sub:

http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-10C104-10-Inch-Subwoofer-Black/dp/B0036W7OTY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1314567403&sr=8-3

I was going to build a custom box that would fit flush under my back seats and I'd like to have a ported one since those seem to sound better. So does anybody have a template of a ported box for a 10 under a NNBS ext. cab seat or anything that can point me in the right direction?

Also what amp would you guys recommend? (I'm trying to keep this from being really pricy so keep that in mind, also I'm not going for competition spl or anything so I'm basically just looking to add some nice bass)

You guys know more than I do so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :shake:
You only need a 150-200 watt RMS amp, so there are a TON of options there, very inexpensive.

·
Banned
1,041 Posts
ya 150-250 rms like Ibanender
a proper ported box has to be specific to the sub and what it calls for, so there wont be if any templates. If you not worried about it measure your max dimensions and build it you shouldn't really need a template.
You be better with sealed under the seat also easier to build if your not to experience IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.