GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start off with, where would be the best place to score some Denali rims? I dont mind used, but want them in perfect shape. Thats just an Idea I have...

Also thinking about swaping my front end out for the denali front end. Now a member here said his was a direct swap but his is an 01 and mine is an 04... Now would mabye the 04 denali's be a direct swap for mine? Im thinking about maybe just making me a good ole denali truck..LOL Either that or 20's with rear 2" drop and call it good... I like the denali option better...Just looking to see where I can get ahold of this stuff so I can see how much $$$ im looking if its a direct swap...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's a direct swap. I don't know why it wouldn't be. I know JP Customs sells them but his site says to 02. You may can contact him too about it.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree about the price... But I dont want the polished or whatever it is... I want chrome... And the 20's I want are going to be about 1200-1300+tires... I just think with me having to drive my truck alot and in different situations it may be better to ride on 17's and I think it may look better since I wont be going real low... Now if I didnt have to drive this truck daily I would be bagging it for sure and going low, but thats not the case...

Also Like I said he did it to his and told me his was direct bolt up, but mine being the 04 I didnt know if the mounting brakets was the same or not... Im sure I can fab em up if they dont, but I dont want to have to have a body shop like section it and shit...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I dont need all that other bullshit and can just get the grill, the bumper then I can keep my head lights and just have to get the corner lights then I will do it for sure...

·
Registered
752 Posts
all you have to do is get a 99-02 stock bumper, and modify it a little to make the bumper cover fit. and you can use your stock clear lights and remove the reflector and then go to ebay and buy some clear parking lights. thats what im in the process of doing right now.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So its just a bumper cover? Im pretty sure you have to have a grill also...LOL But I think other then the grill, corner lights, and bumper the swap on my 04 is direct... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts