GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to talking with a co-worker about the trans and diff in my '08 Silverado LTZ with the 6.0L engine and Z71. We were looking at RPO Code listings on a few websites and I found some conflicting info between the codes shown on the truck's glovebox sticker and those websites.

First, the window sticker for my truck mentions a "Locking rear differential" as part of the LTZ trim. The RPO code on my truck is "G80" and that points to a Positraction diff. ?? On the Build Sheet I got with the truck, Box 35 shows "RR Axle FC4".

Second, my truck has the "HD trailering equipment", again listed as part of the LTZ trim stuff but the RPO code is shown as Z82. I thought the HD trailer package was Z85?

Under the sticker listing for the 6.0L engine, there is a "Transmission, 4-spd Super Duty" Is that a 4L60E or ??? On the build sheet, box 85 shows "Trans KGD"

Any ideas??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looked thru that document earlier and found that some of the codes on my RPO sticker does'n show up there. For example, I have an "M70" code on the RO sticker but that's not on the pdf guy. The M and N RPO codes point to trannies on the pdf list, but it looks like any and all GM truck transmissions are covered in that range.

I'm thinking that some 3-digit codes in the boxes on the build sheet may not be the same as RPO codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts