GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the middle of all the cold and snow we had about 3 really nice days where a lot of snow melted and I kinda got spring fever so I threw on the wheels for 2 days and decided to grab some quick shitty pics. Since my last pics and sig pic, I've swapped to the HD hood and Grille, put on the Esky handles, and dropped the front some more. Rubs pretty good in the front on large bumps until I fab the new inner fenders but damn it looks cool. Gonna color match the bumper cap right away but I'm still torn on the lower as it drags on the road all the time if I go over a bump. Might just order a black one from an '06 with the factory fog lights.

ShopStuff003.jpg

ShopStuff004.jpg

ShopStuff011.jpg

ShopStuff012.jpg

ShopStuff013.jpg

ShopStuff014.jpg

Just for fun, here's a few pics of my bosses '69 Beetle on air.

ShopStuff017.jpg

ShopStuff019.jpg

And the pinstriping we had a buddy do......

ShopStuff021.jpg

ShopStuff022.jpg

And this is my old '92 that I finally decided to do something with after it sitting in our compound for almost 2 years.

ShopStuff026.jpg

ShopStuff028.jpg

ShopStuff029.jpg

ShopStuff030.jpg

Sorry for all the pics but the it's been a long time since the streets haven't been covered in snow and I was enjoying the weather!:biggrin::biggrin:

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
looks good. i LOVE how you painted the doors in between the windows. looks sick and i've never seen it done before until now.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love your truck. 06 front end looks :boobs:
Thanks Oleg, I love the look of yours as well. Did you get your pinion angle all figured out?? Also, what do you have planned for wheels now??

all 3 rides look badass man.
:shake: Thanks dude!

looks good. i LOVE how you painted the doors in between the windows. looks sick and i've never seen it done before until now.
:shake:Thanks man, I've owned 4 ex cabs now and done it on all of them. It doesn't look right unless the fronts windows are tinted as dark.

Now after I paint the front bumper cap and maybe??? the lower valence that is going to be a lot of white so I have been tossing around the idea of throwing on the GMC chrome side molding to break it up a bit. Any thoughts on this guys? Just thinking it would go good with the chrome handle pull and then the chrome middle piece on the bumper.:think:

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Thanks Oleg, I love the look of yours as well. Did you get your pinion angle all figured out?? Also, what do you have planned for wheels now??
Ya i picked up some shims from a 4x4 place here and I put them in yesterday. It's still on jackstands tho cz I ordered the Summit Dtech shocks and they didnt come with those sleeves so i have to push the ones from my stockers out. I'm gonna go finish it off right away just been lazy.

I wanna get some chrome ss wheels.

:shake:Thanks man, I've owned 4 ex cabs now and done it on all of them. It doesn't look right unless the fronts windows are tinted as dark.

Now after I paint the front bumper cap and maybe??? the lower valence that is going to be a lot of white so I have been tossing around the idea of throwing on the GMC chrome side molding to break it up a bit. Any thoughts on this guys? Just thinking it would go good with the chrome handle pull and then the chrome middle piece on the bumper.:think:
Don't do the moulding :imo
Paint the bumper cap and get a black lower valence.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
truck looks fucking sick!

heres a color matched 06 silvy to give you some ides...
silveradofcorner.jpg

DSC05413.jpg

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I like the rides especially the VW...I cant handle the snow dry and hot is where I'm stayin.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear ya, every year I ask myself why the hell I live here. I don't even ski or snowboard so winter really sucks except I play hockey. But shit you can do that anywhere now.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
did you take out the inner plastic in the front fenders or is it tubbed?

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
:shake:
I tell everyone with an extended cab to do that, always loved it, since I had it on my first truck, (dakota)

·
sonomaguy
23 Posts
Where abouts in Alberta are you and do you drive your truck all winter with that drop? Whats it like to drive it like that too. I just picked up an 04 Sierra 2wd and was thinking of droppping it but I need to be able to pull a holiday trailer in summer and this is my winter vehicle also. My truck also has the air assist bags over the axles so I was wondering what kind of drop would be good for me?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm in Red Deer, drove it last year at 4/6 and it was not too bad but now it's about 6/8 and it's too damn low for the snow we get. Also I had to remove the plastic fender liners and cut the hell out the metal so it's pretty open now to be going through snow. We have an '07 F150 4x4 at work so that is my winter truck this year.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
So did you have to do the axel flip for the 4/6 or no? Just wondering what you did for yours.
Yea he has a flip kit.

Shawn, did you order a black 06+ lower valence? I'm trying to find one but the dealership wants almost 300$ for one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts