GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Last time I was out at Hollister, durning Thanksgiving, there was an F100 that got sideways on truck hill and was about 1/4" from rolling down... The driver blew a front u-joint and rag joint and his engine died so he was SOL. I drove up the side of truck hill and hooked my winch to the front of his truck and pulled him up straight then lowered him back down to the bottom. Found the pics on the net, I guess one of his buddies took them...

He was about 40-50 feet up the hill so if it had gone over he would have rolled at least 3-4 times before getting to the bottom:

DSC00180.gif

I sat my truck on the flattest spot I could find and put the parking brake on:

DSC00184.gif

DSC00185.gif

They didn't get any of me pulling him back up but my truck slid about 6 feet down the hill sideways while pulling him, the whole time I was thinking my truck was going to go over :eek: . I had 2psi in my tires and my pass. front tire completely rolled under the rim and the edge of the rim was touching the dirt, glad I have beadlocks :waytogo:

Anyway, just thought it was cool to find the pics of the whole thing.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
lmao... i see trucks... you guys see a guy whacking off. sick.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
those are some cool pics, should of gotten videos, COME PREPARED JEEZE j/k

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
lmao... i see trucks... you guys see a guy whacking off. sick.
That's prolly what I would do if I ever went wheelin with Willy. :naughty:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Yeah turning sideways on that would be bad. How the hell did he do that anyways?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See in the first pic, the tire tracks that go up and too the left about 20 more feet up the hill? He was up there, and he blew a steering u-joint in his front 60. He also has a full time transfer case which has a differential in it. So, when he blew the steering joint, the open dana 60 sent all the power to the broken side and the open transfer case sent all the power to the front, the path of least resistance.

So the truck started rolling back and he got on the brakes and the front end came around to how you see it. In the middle of all this he broke the rag joint on the steering box. Then his engine died from the extreme side angle adn wouldn't re-start. So the poor guy has no steering, no engine, and a busted 60 joint.

That hill is waaaaay steep and is hard to walk on. I couldn't believe he didn't go over when it happened. I was down farther watching while running the little twisty trail below truck hill. It was just a bunch of young kids with little to know experience and had no idea what to do so I offered to winch him to the bottom. The driver as shaking so bad he didn't want to get out of the truck and stayed in the whole time, he was freaked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts