GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by one of my local shops today, and talked to the guy for a bit about whats good and what isn't and he was surprisingly honest, he didn't even mind bashing other brands that he carried in the shop.

they do a lot of polk audio stuff there, like the momo ones that look like wheels and stuff, so he was talking to me about doing a full polk audio setup in my truck, and he gave me some examples and they sounded pretty good, but i dont know anything about this stuff.

so heres a list of what they sell and i wanted to get your guys opinions on what brand YOU feel is the best right now for trucks.

They had:

Interfire
Kicker (solo baric)
Audiobahn (the new ones with the metal flames)
Polk Audio
PBX (i think it was PBX, like Power Bass or something i forgot)

those are all the brands i can remember, so what do you guys think.

thanks

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
out of the ones you listed i would proabbly go with kicker

mikes02 said:
I stopped by one of my local shops today, and talked to the guy for a bit about whats good and what isn't and he was surprisingly honest, he didn't even mind bashing other brands that he carried in the shop.

they do a lot of polk audio stuff there, like the momo ones that look like wheels and stuff, so he was talking to me about doing a full polk audio setup in my truck, and he gave me some examples and they sounded pretty good, but i dont know anything about this stuff.

so heres a list of what they sell and i wanted to get your guys opinions on what brand YOU feel is the best right now for trucks.

They had:

Interfire
Kicker (solo baric)
Audiobahn (the new ones with the metal flames)
Polk Audio
PBX (i think it was PBX, like Power Bass or something i forgot)

those are all the brands i can remember, so what do you guys think.

thanks

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Polk has some nice stuff too. The momo series seems pretty cool, but I like the DB series. Mike, what shop did you go to? I need to remember the name of this shop in fresno that built a crazy truck... James you know what I'm talking about, the one with the 8 15" XXX's?

·
Sunburnt or Drunk
153 Posts
interfire makes some bad ass amps, not too steep either if i remember correctly

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea they said interfire is good shit, i might have to look into them a bit more and find out.

the shop i went to is called Hyetronics, they are on Herndon and Minnewawa right next to a bar.

i liked the polk audio ones too but they seem out of place for a truck, they are more designed for cars, especially with the grills designed like car wheels and stuff, i dunno, they sounded awesome but i dont think they would fit in well with my truck.

kicker also declined my sponsorship proposal, im bummed, but they said there budget is used up for the year so maybe ill try again in january.

i may write interfire and see whats up.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
mikes02 said:
ive been there, they are on blackstone by toledos right?
I have no clue, I'm not from Fresno, but they do some kickass work. If you email him, ask him for pics of the single cab truck they did with the 8 15" Resonant Engineering XXX's.... sooooo badass :rocking:

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I personally like the Polks, not a Kicker fan, and never was

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if i remember right Superior Sounds really didn't have any great brands in stock, maybe they have updated.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
mikes02 said:
if i remember right Superior Sounds really didn't have any great brands in stock, maybe they have updated.
If you contact them, see what brands they carry. Post them here and a few of us can let you know whats good or not :D

·
9,823 Posts
mikes02 said:
i heard audiobahn is pretty much all looks though, and not much else.
ditto

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is MA Audio any good?

the cover truck in the new street trucks uses it, never heard of it though.

·
9,823 Posts
MA has some ok stuff , they were mobile authority before they were MA audio

1 - 17 of 17 Posts