GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about this for a long time... I want to air-bag my truck, but I want to keep the stock ride height. Or is that what air-bagging does? I mean, I heard that air-bagging lowers the vehicle before bringing it down, ist that true?

I want to use the air-bagging system to bring it down when I am not driving it, ie: sleeping, in school, working, etc... But then I want to retain the stock ride height it was before when I start driving it. Also want to use the air-bags to help with towing as well instead of stock ones.

Also, what air-bags or air-suspension do any of you guys recommend? Would like it to act like I said above.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have the slightest clue?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
you can get enough lift out of most setups to ride higher than factory height...i dont know why anyone would wanna roll that high but to eahc there own....

if you want something reliable and pretty fool proof....go with KP kit or Air Ride Technologies kits...

how much are you towing?...frequency?....weight?....

if you are towing quite a bit i would prolly steer you away form the KP kit cuz it is a cantilever type set up and really wont tow all that well....ART has a bag over axle setup that shoul tow very nicely w/ F9000 bags

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I don't know what I'll be towing, and maybe I may never tow anything at all. I am saying I want to keep the factory ride height with the air-bags raised.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Well, I don't know what I'll be towing, and maybe I may never tow anything at all. I am saying I want to keep the factory ride height with the air-bags raised.
you can raise up to or farther than factory ride height...it might not ride to hot though!...air beleive it or not get pretty stiff at full PSI!

what i am saying is that KP kit is not the best for towing though being it is a cantilever style set up...

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I decided that I won't haul anything with this truck... Most of everything we will probably need will go in bed.

Okay, how high and how low does the KP set go?

Next question, will I have to delete the stock air-bag set on the bed? Or can I leave it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts