GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, with this fatty truck payment of mine, a suspension lift is a long ways away. Looking at 3 inch bodylifts at the given moment. Goal is to clear 305/70/r16 mud terrains on 10 inch rims. I'm pretty sure it will clear without much trouble, but just want to confirm...

Gears (and detroit)...This won't be for awile, but I plan on running 315's after the 305's at most and this won't be til after the suspension lift. 4.55 is just a little too low for my tastes (though with the 315 it would be about spot on). Is there an option between the 4.10 and 4.55 that I haven't found yet?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
with 35s 4.56 are the PERFECT gears. they pretty much give you the SAME feel as stock because they compensate for the extra weight of the 35s as well.

so either run your 33s with the stock or deal with the extra RPMs. dont half ass the job with 4.10s now and regret it when you put 35s on.

305s on 16x10s will rub with only a body lift.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
3" will clear the 305s with minor to no trimming. The gears jump from 4.10 to 4.56, no in between, sorry.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Jeff said:
with 35s 4.56 are the PERFECT gears. they pretty much give you the SAME feel as stock because they compensate for the extra weight of the 35s as well.

so either run your 33s with the stock or deal with the extra RPMs. dont half ass the job with 4.10s now and regret it when you put 35s on.
:read:

I say just hang in there untill you put on the 35's for the gear swap. But when you do it go 4.56 You will be happy you did.

·
2,451 Posts
ive talked to a guy on another site he said with 4" of lift his 305's on 16x10 were fine. He had a 3" body and a 1" crank

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep in mind, this is a k2500. Frame sits taller then any other stocker obs I have seen before with less then a 285. The 305's are my goal for now...

The reason I want the 10 inch rim is mainly for when it goes 315's. Im a tire goon and can get a good deal on this stuff (work for tire warehouse)..8 inch deflects a bit much even with a 305 for my tastes. Still, lots of people run 315's on 8's and have no problem...

So basically what we are looking at is 8"/305/3" Bl is a definant clear? My buddy had a halfton with 33x14.50 bfg at's and a 3 or 4 inch Bl and it rubbed a real slight amount, with 0 cranking. They were 12 inch wide rims I believe...

I think I'm going to try the 16x10 combo...Even if it doesnt work it'll give me a reason to get a 6 inch suspension lift along with the 3' Bl...I think it would look badass (not a fan of huge tires, 315's are fine) even with the 305's. Once I get to 305's It's time to slap the locker in and regear, probably just go with 4.55's. Then its extra horsepower time (I'm kinda planning on a lq4 way down the road but it wont be for like 7 years ;p)... I would like to get the l31 running around the 425/425 mark crankside, which would be plenty. All these plans will take lots of time...yes...lots of time...and money....

Btw...Headers and exhaust are very soon ;)

Honestly though, the 245 all-terrains perform real well for what they are. This truck is far better then my halfton (though its longer and obviously bounces around much more). The 1500 I think might be getting some beef to it as well soon...

·
6,656 Posts
Jeff said:
stephen, you think 3 inches only will clear 305s on 16x10s????
On an OBS 3/4 ton they should be ok unless you wheel the piss outa it. It would at most need a minor crank and minor trim job.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
yeah i just noticed that he never said what kind of truck he had in the original post :ninja:

·
6,656 Posts
Jeff said:
yeah i just noticed that he never said what kind of truck he had in the original post :ninja:
Yeah for some reason I remember what truck everyone drives, its one of those weird things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts