GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im finally sick of having to keep rebuildiing my frontend i have decide to do a sas, so i have a qwestion if there is any thing that needs to be done to the transfer case like computer wise?
thanls for the help

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I will be nice and not flame. Search members Bggrnchvy, Cajun4x4, Black4x4, luisgeg55 (sp?), and KpComb. They have all performed SAS'e on OBS and NBS IFS trucks. Please read those threads and you will soon realize what you are about to overtake. SAS is not a cakewalk like soem people think!

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Also look for GreatwhiteZ71 who has a SAS NNBS. I knew i forgot someone!

·
4,725 Posts
check my thread out, has pretty detailed info.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Where in San Jose are you at? You planning to do this yourself or have a shop do it? I got a few places I can refer you to in the area.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Hell I forgot Law too. There has been many SAS'ed rigs in the past years. OP please do a search and your info is at your disposal.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where in San Jose are you at? You planning to do this yourself or have a shop do it? I got a few places I can refer you to in the area.
i am planing on doing it my self but have a shope that i can use
thanks. i know what all needs to be done with the fab part but i just remeber hearing some were that you need to do something to the comp on the tcase

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
:ninja::biggun::lazer::flame:
Except you dont have a real 4wd. You dont have a front shaft. What is the point of a SFA without a front drive shaft? That's a lot of wasted money.:nono:

:crazy:

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Except you dont have a real 4wd. You dont have a front shaft. What is the point of a SFA without a front drive shaft? That's a lot of wasted money.:nono:

:crazy:
punk ass bitches...you an' marcus.

i do need to get that shit done tho. cash flows jsut been tight lately and that shaft isnt needed to make the truck road worthy. besides....once im shafted, shits gonna start gettin torn up.:wave:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts