1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just a reminder ... my '99 Tahoe looked like this at the end of March:

And she looks like this today:

Now ... this morning ...

I have a meeting every Friday morning at 7:15 at my church.

This morning I came out of my meeting around 9:30 and some spineless crackhead had punched the lock cylinders out of both the doors of my Tahoe. :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

I guess someone scared them off before they ever got the doors open ... only damage was to the locks and door handles.

She'll be in the shop on Tuesday for about a $350.00 repair bill and I've got a $500.00 deductable !!! :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

I vote we make it open season on worthless cowards that don't have anything but a bad habit and don't want anyone else to have anything either. :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
that sucks man on a postiive note the hoe looks killer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why was it all ripped apart in the first pics? Did you redo it all just to make it new or was it wrecked...?

Looks great, what are the specs on your suspension and wheels/tires?

Sucks about the break-in. Church parking lots are prime targets for thieves.

The truck is a restoration project. I had a 2-Door Tahoe new in 1995 and I always regretted trading it off. I sold my '05 PowerWagon in December and bought this '99 as a project in January. Complete exterior restoration and recovered the seats and replaced the dash bezels on the interior.

6" suspension lift on BFG TA ATRs, 315 75R 18's.

Yeah about the parking lot, too. The church sits on a very busy street and we've had several break-ins over the past couple of years ... people busting windows and stealing stereos, purses, anything that isn't nailed down. We actually now have people walk the parking lots during services just to have a presence that might discourage potential thieves.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Wow thats a killer Tahoe!!! Nice work!! :bowtie: I really like the exhaust tips and how they come out the sides!
Sorry to hear about the locks though... thats pretty crappy :nono:

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
wouldnt it be easier to just add the keyless handles and call it a day? no lock repair this way...

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
my question is why is it gonna cost $350? i bought new handles for my truck for $150 and had them swapped in about an hour. shouldnt that style handle be cheaper?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my question is why is it gonna cost $350? i bought new handles for my truck for $150 and had them swapped in about an hour. shouldnt that style handle be cheaper?

I don't know. The body shop told me the estimate was around $350.00 and they said I needed new handles and lock cylinders. The locksmith has to set the lock cylinders to fit my keys, too.

I did think about going with keyless handles but what do I do if I lose power to the keyless entry ???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts