GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my old friends was quoted the other day saying "that green truck is going down" and "I'm going to beat him forward, reverse, up, and down." He's got a 92 silverado reg. cab on 18's and 20's that's been shaved and painted silver at the moment, but it's all apart and he's putting an escalade clip, bagging it, adding 20's and 22's, smoothing out the entire interior, and putting a 408 in it. Now I was wondering how I'm suppose to take this? I don't care if he's got a better truck than me it's just the way he goes about it. He's the type that if he takes a trophy over a person he's not sportsman like, he'll rub it in and won't shut up about it. once he won some gay ass drive-in trophy and was bragging to everyone about it for a week. I just want to know how I'm suppose to take this?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Just ignore him, you should be building your truck for yourself anyway, not to win a trophy. Sounds like he is going about it in the wrong way :nono:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree wth ya there, but I don't wanna hear the hounding. Since I got my truck done he's been working on his. He's so afraid of getting beat at a show it's dumb.

·
Custom as F*ck
17 Posts
How old is this dude? Sounds like he is 10 years old. :think: Just ignore it, man. When he comes around shooting off at the mouth, just say oh, uh huh, Great. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing that he annoys you. Sounds like a real moron and most people should see through him anyway. :pow:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Stuff like that takes the fun outta it. Just ignore him...doesn't sounds like much of a friend...

Cameron

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
I feel your pain ..

I would ignore him too. There is a "old" guy here who goes to Hot Rod shows. He has a 2000 GMC and always beats me. No big deal .. I go for fun. I went and asked at the first show we were at if he got first .. he told me, "YEAH, WHAT'S IT TO YOU!" I laughed and walked off .. He has been kicked out of shows before for complaining to judges for getting less than what HE thought he should get.

I think it would be funny to get a place better than him .. walk over and offer your trophy to him in front of the people he runs his mouth too. When he stares at you just smile and walk off. Say, I feel bad you lost, would you like my ____ place trophy?

Seriously though .. there are lots of poeple like that ... more concerend with what THEY can get vs just having fun.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah he bought this truck fixed up and tells everyone he did all the modifications to it. He's 23 and lives right down the road from me. He used to be my friend thats why I said old friend. He went to a top 50 show and didn't get best truck. He was saying how th guy that did win had a POS. He almost got his ass kicked. He doesn't know anything about having fun in this sport, just beating everyone he can. I feel sorry for him when he goes to a big show.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I mean I'd love to put 22's all the way around on mine, stock floor BD it, and put an 8.1L in it, but theres no way I'll have the money to do that for years cause I'm going to college fulltime right now. The only reason the truck looks the way it does now is cause I wrecked it and the body shop did everything I wanted for free.

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
way2hi said:
yeah he bought this truck fixed up and tells everyone he did all the modifications to it. He's 23 and lives right down the road from me. He used to be my friend thats why I said old friend. He went to a top 50 show and didn't get best truck. He was saying how th guy that did win had a POS. He almost got his ass kicked. He doesn't know anything about having fun in this sport, just beating everyone he can. I feel sorry for him when he goes to a big show.

Well then .. just set back and watch. If he is like that someone will let him have it. Soon he will wonder why he goes to shows and no one messes with him.

Post a pic of his truck .. I want to see the badest truck ever.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here's all I have of it. These were taken about a year and a half ago. Since then he's lowered it another 2" in the rear, chromed out the engine, and put every billet piece he could find in the interior.

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
mood_indigo said:
why do you even care :think:

I am sure what he is getting at .. is that the "hype" is directed at him, and he dosen't understand why? When I first went to shows and poeple ran there mouths about others, I was :think: .. but then you soon find out that some poeple want a trophy to feel good .. others like the nod they get driving down the street.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If I were in your position I would just ignore him or if there's no way to ignore him don't give him the satisfaction of letting him kno that it annoys you.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
way2hi said:
I mean I'd love to put 22's all the way around on mine, stock floor BD it, and put an 8.1L in it, but theres no way I'll have the money to do that for years cause I'm going to college fulltime right now. The only reason the truck looks the way it does now is cause I wrecked it and the body shop did everything I wanted for free.
In my opinion, it would be stupid to go into debt to do a bunch of stuff just to "beat someone else" Especially somebody that acts 5 years old tops. :whyme:

Also, your truck looks great as it is right now and is definately nicer than the vehicles most people have to drive everyday. I wouldn't let one loser drive you nuts, if he wants to spend thousands for the reason of winning a 15 dollar trophy to rub in your face then let him...

Money can buy alot of things, but it can't buy respect and this guy will obviously never have any the way he acts from how you describe him :)

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
he is prolly very insecure. his truck is cool, but IMO not the best in the world. who cares tho. you have a badass truck. you would probably win before him here. not like it matters. just wait and watch him get his ass kicked. he sounds like he would fit in with the corvette club around here. they get judged at ALL the car/truck shows around here by generation and whether or not the are convertible. there are usually more trophies than vettes. they always complain to. i used to like corvettes.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
In my opinion, it would be stupid to go into debt to do a bunch of stuff just to "beat someone else" Especially somebody that acts 5 years old tops. :whyme:

Also, your truck looks great as it is right now and is definately nicer than the vehicles most people have to drive everyday. I wouldn't let one loser drive you nuts, if he wants to spend thousands for the reason of winning a 15 dollar trophy to rub in your face then let him...

Money can buy alot of things, but it can't buy respect and this guy will obviously never have any the way he acts from how you describe him :)

:word: a wise man once said, "the cool thing to do isn't always the coolest thing to do." ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts