GMC Truck Forum banner

Someone vowed to take me down. What do I do?

4K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  onyx 
#1 ·
One of my old friends was quoted the other day saying "that green truck is going down" and "I'm going to beat him forward, reverse, up, and down." He's got a 92 silverado reg. cab on 18's and 20's that's been shaved and painted silver at the moment, but it's all apart and he's putting an escalade clip, bagging it, adding 20's and 22's, smoothing out the entire interior, and putting a 408 in it. Now I was wondering how I'm suppose to take this? I don't care if he's got a better truck than me it's just the way he goes about it. He's the type that if he takes a trophy over a person he's not sportsman like, he'll rub it in and won't shut up about it. once he won some gay ass drive-in trophy and was bragging to everyone about it for a week. I just want to know how I'm suppose to take this?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I agree wth ya there, but I don't wanna hear the hounding. Since I got my truck done he's been working on his. He's so afraid of getting beat at a show it's dumb.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
yeah he bought this truck fixed up and tells everyone he did all the modifications to it. He's 23 and lives right down the road from me. He used to be my friend thats why I said old friend. He went to a top 50 show and didn't get best truck. He was saying how th guy that did win had a POS. He almost got his ass kicked. He doesn't know anything about having fun in this sport, just beating everyone he can. I feel sorry for him when he goes to a big show.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I mean I'd love to put 22's all the way around on mine, stock floor BD it, and put an 8.1L in it, but theres no way I'll have the money to do that for years cause I'm going to college fulltime right now. The only reason the truck looks the way it does now is cause I wrecked it and the body shop did everything I wanted for free.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
here's all I have of it. These were taken about a year and a half ago. Since then he's lowered it another 2" in the rear, chromed out the engine, and put every billet piece he could find in the interior.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
thanks guys. It just bothers me that he's gonna spend all this money so he can beat me at a show. I don't understand the point of it.
Y2K Sierra: I'd do those things IF I had the money, but I don't so I can't.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
thanks man. I'm not all that worried anymore. I won't have to worry about fighting cause you got him pegged. I called him a *** to his face before and he didn't do a single thing but walk off.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
you missunderstand. I don't care if he beats me it's just how afterwards he'll rub it in and won't shut-up about it for 2 weeks. It's how he goes about it he's a "sore winner"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.