GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
between this and the transmission fluid all over the road i am trying to figure out why my truck won't go forwards or backwards :think:

68da45ce.jpg

9686a4c0.jpg

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rednecked_4x4 said:
id say a few quarts of ATF are out of place :read:
that's what i thought too! i was driving home from work going up a hill in OD about 55-60 and the truck just starts shaking badly then makes a real loud hissing, almost sounded like when an air hose leaks. i limped it home and up my driveway, there's ATF all over the goddamn place. i have roadside assistance in speeddial, they're coming to tow it shortly. i hope they never bring it back.

·
Registered
343 Posts
ummm why don't you have the aluminum driveshaft??? :think:

LEMON :read:

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GMCtrk said:
ummm why don't you have the aluminum driveshaft??? :think:
not sure, not real worried about the driveshaft at this point.

Josh said:
no shit, that truck is cursed hovis:imo
yup, it's been slipping for the last 1000+ miles. i took it in once, the stealership said that unless there was a code in the computer they couldn't do anything about it. at least it's documented and failed close to home.

Dark Eternal said:
ill sell you new transfer case if tahts it!~
sorry stephen, it's definitely the transmission. fluid all over, it just looks like it's coming from the tcase. i'd take you up on your offer but at this point i don't want anything else that's made by GM :read:

·
Registered
343 Posts
hovisimo said:
not sure, not real worried about the driveshaft at this point.

QUOTE]

I think it goes deeper than that. You have th 5.3L right? If the 4.8 then my bad you have the right driveshaft.

Anyways, all 5.3 and up get the aluminum driveshaft. If you didn't get it then you know atleast one area GM put your truck together wrong. What makes you think then that they didnt put other things together incorectly :think:

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GMCtrk said:
hovisimo said:
I think it goes deeper than that. You have th 5.3L right? If the 4.8 then my bad you have the right driveshaft.

Anyways, all 5.3 and up get the aluminum driveshaft. If you didn't get it then you know atleast one area GM put your truck together wrong. What makes you think then that they didnt put other things together incorectly :think:
yes i have the 5.3, wrong driveshaft wouldn't surprise me a bit. i'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the transmission failing but it's worth bringing up.

update: tow truck driver could not handle his 30' flatbed, got it stuck in my driveway trying to swing a turn too wide. took a 4x4 F550 wrecker with a winch to get it out. if it's going to take 2+ weeks to fix i'll probably just go pick it up. it has no reverse but limps along in drive enough to get it back to my place to strip it, and to another dealership to trade it in. they can worry about fixing it, it's got a ton of other shit wrong with it and it's time to trade once and for all and end this charade. thanks for your sympathy, if all goes right i won't need it for much longer.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I said this last time....You seriously need to get in touch with someone higer up at GM. Get a new truck out of them, then trade the brand new truck. You'll get raped otherwise. I'd get in touch with the reigonal manager at a minimum. They also shoudl be giving you a loaner too...
You can call an attouney that deals with lemons and they can advise you too on if and when you can get a new one. If they represent you their fees shoudl be paid by GM so no cost to you.

Quoting PA law HOUSE BILL No. 767 Session of 2001
10 Section 5. Manufacturer's duty for refund or replacement.
11 If the manufacturer fails to repair or correct a
12 nonconformity after a reasonable number of attempts, the
13 manufacturer shall, at the option of the purchaser, replace the
14 motor vehicle with a comparable motor vehicle of equal value or
15 accept return of the vehicle from the purchaser and refund to
______________ 16 the purchaser the full purchase price or lease price, including
17 all collateral charges, less a reasonable allowance for the
18 purchaser's use of the vehicle not exceeding 10cer mile
______________ 19 driven or 10% of the purchase price or lease price of the
20 vehicle, whichever is less. Refunds shall be made to the
21 purchaser and lienholder, if any, as their interests may appear.
22 A reasonable allowance for use shall be that amount directly
23 attributable to use by the purchaser prior to his first report
24 of the nonconformity to the manufacturer. In the event the
25 consumer elects a refund, payment shall be made within 30 days
26 of such election. A consumer shall not be entitled to a refund
27 or replacement if the nonconformity does not substantially
28 impair the use, value or safety of the vehicle or the
29 nonconformity is the result of abuse, neglect or modification or
30 alteration of the motor vehicle by the purchaser.

·
Registered
601 Posts
:read: Seriously man, I'd call a lawyer and try to get GM to do a buy-back and you'll have cash to pay off the loan and start over. :read:

(this required a separate post for emphasis)

(calling lawyer lets them deal with it, you just sign some papers and get a check the ball is out of your court)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts