GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my truck right now is slow, she needs to stick up for her self if shes challenged.lol And I have planed to do a parallel 4 link here pretty soon. But will that be good enough if I'm doin like 11's on the 1/4 mile like I want my truck to do in the feature? so what do I need to get and do to my truck so it can handle that kind of stress? and I have my bags on my axle and somebody told me I really wouldnt want them there fi I do this cause of the weight transfer from take off?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Any type of properly installed four link should hold up to lots of power, as long as its a quality product. I'd say my frame is the weakest part of my suspension cuz its so damn thin

·
Registered
342 Posts
I did a weld on. I haven't seen any of the bolt on's for full sizes, just the sdimes. I'm sure they're both pretty similar, but i'm sure weld on would be a stronger. Personally i like the triangulated setups a little more, but it depends on what your doing with the setup. They're better for more lift, and hittin sides. But if you just want some adjustability, and dont want to move your gas tank and what not, go with a bolt on kit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
sweet man i like the kp components kit just get one of the big truck mags and they always have a ad in their its a bolt in and they at least 4 large bolts or more at every corner so it should be strong enough later

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
it should be strong enough. if you don't think it will be, get a 4-link from suicidedoors.com. they're all weld on, but the bars on his links are fuckin huge. they look like they could handle anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our bolt on rear four link would be easily strong enough to hold it in place and there is now doubt the bags ( if installed properly ) will be an excellent tuning advantage over coil overs BUT..... If you are now looking at the 11's as soon as you get there, you will be looking at into the 10's. I would resommend getting in touch with Chris Alstons chassis works or Chassis Engineering and use a drag specific four link where you have complete adjustment over your "IC" (instant center). Our bolt on four link is designed with performance in mind but this is where you need to decypher exactly how much performance you want versus daily driver / comfort.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts