GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, looks like my truck is getting traded in for sure in the next 2 weeks. I started working nights today and I was leaving my house at about 3:00. When I was turning out of my neighborhood I heard a loud pop from the rear end and then click, click, click. So I turned around and headed back home to take the wife's car. I'm almost positive it's the carrier. When I was cruising at about 20-30 mph back to the house it was fine. When I was stopping or turning it's popping and ticking. :bawl:

I'm gonna take off the cover in the morning and check it all out. What does it sound like to ya'll? Carrier?

When my R&P went out last year, it was a constant ticking and grinding. This isn't doing it unless I'm coasting at real low speeds, turning, or stopping.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
does it have any sort of a locking rear diff?

could be that little flipper jobbie that locks the spiders

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Pull the cover brother and see what there is to see.
Dosnt sound good but pull it and see whats going on. If the R&P's not damaged you could just put in a open carrier from a junkyard or something for the trade.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already have a new (used) carrier lined up if that's the case. I'm almost positive it is, just wanted to get opinions.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got stock ones to give me?

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
You got stock ones to give me?
You looking to trade your rims and tires now for stock set with money? I have a stock set man.lol

·
meow
15,748 Posts
I was almost positive it was my rear end goign out and it was just U joints. Something to maybe look at if the axle iners check out.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
mine did similar. i had some vibes in a straight line, but you knew it was dead going around turns.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
what he said.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
this mofo wants to trade you stockers for ur wheels and tires. LAUGH MY MOTHER FUCKING ASS OFF. gotta love gmfs

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I'm not trading for stock wheels and tires. I will take the stockers for a PARTIAL trade.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I know. I have a friend that wanted to pay the diff for them and I was going to chip up my stockers for you to have something to trade in. I am not that stupid man.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you can find me some 17" stockers with decent tires I'd be more than willing to go that route. Trading in the truck so no need for the 20s

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Well he has 17s stock I think. But what range are you looking to get for them with the trade?

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Hey, what are you getting when you trade it in?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts