GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with Sonicelectronix? Their prices are almost too good to be true. Ive been looking at overhauling my entire audio/video system and was planning on ordering most of the components from them. Just didnt want to get ripped off.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
shitty place dont buy from there. heard of people getting shit broken, or not getting there order at all.

·
FBGM Member
390 Posts
I've heard bad things and then again I got my Alpine HU from there back in 2004 with no problems.

Still in the truck and working great. So I'm not sure, but I've read my fair share of shitty stuff so I'm not sure if they started going down the tubes.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't order anything that I would ever want warrentied from places like sonicelectronix or woofersetc. I try to support brick and mortar places as much as possible. Plus if something goes wrong I like to have a face to yell at and not a phone or email address. When it comes to small things like wire, ring terminals, fuses, etc I'll buy from them. So far all my transactions have gone smoothly.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I purchased an infiniti amp from them. Never had any problems, so I dont know how their customer service is. Their prices were great, and shipping was quick.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
mostly not authorized and therefore not warrantied

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
I've heard a lot of bad things recently about them, but I bought a Kenwood KVT-717DVD from them in 2005 and some amps in 2007 and didnt have any issues. Everything came quickly and was just as described. But things can change.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
I hope you like fake equipment.
I bought some kicker ks65.2s from them and they have weird issues grounding out if all the screws are installed. There are only two holes I can use to mount them with, otherwise they cut out. I also don't think they sound very good but that may be because they're being run off my head unit. :shrug:

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
for shipping to apo boxes, they do a good job and shipping to the apo box isn't all crazy like someother places

im gonna order my d-mat extreme from them

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Read the thread that pace posted up above. That explains why no one should ever buy from a place like that.

For those of you that say good things, sure, you got an Alpine head unit that works fine. Consider yourself lucky. I received a JL Audio 500/1 that was dead in the box and they said it would be at least a month before I got another one from them after I sent that one back. I send to them, they send to have serial numbers put on it, then back to them, then back into repair, then back to them, then out to me, and that's if it hasn't been lost or stolen in teh middle.

This thread or mine above needs to be stickied. This subject comes up way too much.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i have bought many things from them this past year and all still work great amp box and subs

1 - 20 of 35 Posts