GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its not a chevy this time, its another build I've been doing slowly. Started as a stock 2013 jeep jk unlimited sport, dozer orange 51k miles. Had it for 3 days and put a 2.5 inch rough country on it and yes terrible idea. Also put on a set of 285 70 17s on the stock wheels.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,716 Posts
What kind of laser buys a wrangler smh

·
Super Moderator
5,716 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After that it needed more character, you know where this is going..haaaahaaa.. anyway it received a new front bumper and I had my brothers shop paint a grill she liked from xmas.Xmas. Then a set of tow hooks and a winch Fairlead but no winch..lol..we won't need it for getting out of the walmart parking lot..haaaahaaa.

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Tire to fender clearance was a bit much so I added a 3/4 Rubicon express spacer. That gets us to 3.25 lift. The rough country shocks sucked, jeep guys like the rancho 9000s so I picked up a set of 4 from the shock warehouse. Also did a superchips programmer to adjust the tire size and add a few hp.

I had to fix the gauges so I added a new face, plastic lens and cleaned it up. Added tail light covers too to go with it. Not my cup of tea but she loves the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This week I put on a smittybilt 8k lb winch, steel line nothing fancy. Will be covered with a winch bag anyway. It will be wheeled next month so this was needed. The rancho shocks too are going, fox shocks are going on the next nice day. These are from a new jl Rubicon. 4 shocks 100.00 works for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I’ll be following this build too. In the same boat with my son. Just picked up a 12 JK sport for him about a months ago. It’s got the RC front springs and shocks, but we are going to do the Terraflex 2.5 kit in the spring.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ll be following this build too. In the same boat with my son. Just picked up a 12 JK sport for him about a months ago. It’s got the RC front springs and shocks, but we are going to do the Terraflex 2.5 kit in the spring.

View attachment 871852
Awesome..! Just make sure it does caster correction. Either adjustable control arms or the correction brackets. I put the aev brackets on, nice quality and fit perfect.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Awesome..! Just make sure it does caster correction. Either adjustable control arms or the correction brackets. I put the aev brackets on, nice quality and fit perfect.
We are going to do the Terraflex lower arms. You’re right, with just the RC springs this thing is all over the place.

·
Super Moderator
5,716 Posts
Mine was all over the place stock 🤷‍, its only a tj tho

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine was all over the place stock 🤷‍, its only a tj tho
This one drove really nice stock, 3.6 with 3:73's it ran pretty good. I figured I would just do 2.5 springs n shocks but it drove really bad. I had to do all the correction that should of came with the lift, my fault for sure. After new shocks, track bars, caster brackets its back to driving pretty good. Even rides decent, one catch to these things is lower air pressure. It only has 32 and with messing with em thats about it.

The dual stabilizers leaked, I tore that off and sent it back. Bolted a synergy mount on and put a bilstein in place and its perfect.

I actually like this thing...lol... it gets in the 17 mpg area all day long around town. On the highway rolling along its close to 19. Its no racecar but isn't bad, the 3.6 does a fairly well job.

·
Super Moderator
5,950 Posts
Take it down to oc md Jeep week next year. Pretty fun.

I took my gfs moms bone stock 4 door willys, with four people inside. We scrapped a good bit, and my fathers 2 door willys in front with a 2.5in teraflex lift and 35s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Take it down to oc md Jeep week next year. Pretty fun.

I took my gfs moms bone stock 4 door willys, with four people inside. We scrapped a good bit, and my fathers 2 door willys in front with a 2.5in teraflex lift and 35s

Oh wow, we keep looking at that and the myrtle beach jeep week. Ocmd is alot closer and it looks good. How was the rest of the trip..? Thankyou for the video.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have been smelling gas with this only when its 3/4 tank or better. Going to use the smoke machine on the tank tomorrow after work. Hopefully its nothing big, I really don't want to pull the tank out but I don't see anything from the ground.

·
Super Moderator
5,950 Posts
Even with the Covid restrictions it was pretty good this year.

You can also go on the beach with another obstacle course there as well as the convention center.

And yeah only about 5hrs closer lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts