GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the bone yard last friday, and they had a 2wd 1/2 ton sitting there, the center pin WAS forward in it, which I have also confirmed on the 3/4 and 1 tons. So....I only have one more question before I can get the springs I need, am I gonna need the 4x4 ones for height? and should I run 3/4s or 1/2s?

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
mine came out of a 2wd and have a massive amount of arch, if these 1/2 ones are offset like you say and are around 50-51" w/o weight on them, they will work, buy them, then we will all know how much lift the 1/2 ones give compared to teh 3/4

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, that bone yard wanted $150 for those stupid ass springs...usually I get stuff the cheapest there.....maybe the guy thought I wanted the rear end too, because they go for 150....all the way from a 7 5/8s 10 bolt to a 14 FF.

·
4,725 Posts
There are apparently many variations with at least 4 different pack options between the half tons, 1 tons, 2wds, 4wds, etc not to mention fatigue.

Mine came out of a 1990 250 2wd van. No overload, 4" of offset, 52" eye to eye, and about 8" of arch without weight. I believe they are 6 leaf but I will need to check again. Whenever I go back to see my family I will try to get cajuns set next to mine to compare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts