GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
its no 4.8
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i havent been on this site and posted in a long time. Hell i think i had one post under my old name. Anywho, I have a 2001 ECSB w 6.0L;as+m headers, Futral Motorsport tunning, Hypertech thermostat, comp cam 918 valvesprings and other various parts. No ET's as of yet but that will change during Midnight Madness drags this saturday at No Problem Raceway. I'f you guys are in the area, drop by and say hello. I will be there with my automotive group known as Get On IT Racing. check us out at www.getonitracing.net

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Welcome over! I used to have some ASM's but traded them for my TT3K converter. :anitoof:

·
its no 4.8
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh the ever popular yank 3000tt stall. I desperately want one of those! I think thats next on my list, with the addition of a 218/220 dur at 50 comp cam :rocking:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well yes it's still in my garage. lol I cut 2.5 60' times w/o brake stall in my truck, that TT3K should get me down to 2.0-2.2 I hope and knock .6-1.0 off my ET.

If it wasn't used, I'd have gotten a PI. Yanks customer service is pathetic. :imo Even that doesn't describe how much I dislike them. I never received any correspondance in return when I wanted to purchase that TT3K new. Not a good way to sell stuff... besides that PI's units are FAR superior in terms of build construction.

Also, I need a smaller weenie cam for my truck as it's so heavy, something around 214° intake duration tops.

·
its no 4.8
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, i have a 238/244 @50 with a 112duration at my house, i've been trying to sell it.

and please tellme you meant 114 LSA, cuz 214 would be a weird lobe separation. :jester:

just thought id pick on ya, no hard feelins

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
theblueone said:
lol, i have a 238/244 @50 with a 112duration at my house, i've been trying to sell it.

and please tellme you meant 114 LSA, cuz 214 would be a weird lobe separation. :jester:

just thought id pick on ya, no hard feelins

214 is the intake duration not the LSA ;)

·
its no 4.8
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahh i misread. what engine are you running? 5.3? if so you would be well off with the comp cam 212/218 114lsa cam. stock idle great midrange power increase. If you have a 5.3 you could run it without tunning and itd run fine, but obviously for optimal performance a tune would be the best route.

lol once again, sorry for the misread post :doh:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
That 212 is over used IMO lol Here's what I decided on...

Lobe numbers - 3710/3713 214/[email protected] (267/273 adv) .559/.564 114LSA

This has better lobes and more lift, that means more power and will still run damn near the same! :anitoof:

·
its no 4.8
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andy said:
welcome fellow lousianan :shake: :rocking:

why thank ya! U need to head to NPR this week and run with a couple more of us chevy/gmc truck boys! providing hurricane ivan doesnt ruin it for us.
Hit Man X said:
That 212 is over used IMO lol Here's what I decided on...

Lobe numbers - 3710/3713 214/[email protected] (267/273 adv) .559/.564 114LSA

This has better lobes and more lift, that means more power and will still run damn near the same! :anitoof:

maybe so, i've just heard great things about it. Personally im goin with something like a 216/220 for the 6.0L allen futral will retune my tuck with the cam for just dyno time provided i get it within the year. i wanna break into the 13's then i think ill get a project car. anyways, its good to see someone doing something different, good luck w the cam and tell us how that bad boy runs!

·
2,451 Posts
theblueone said:
why thank ya! U need to head to NPR this week and run with a couple more of us chevy/gmc truck boys! providing hurricane ivan doesnt ruin it for us.
I would, but i dont even have my permit yet :anitoof: :ninja:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts