GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
trucknut
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's time to start getting the parts ironed out for the bag setup, and since I have a friend who can get a nice hookup on ART stuff, I have a few questions about a setup I pieced together. Tell me what you think:

Coolride front kit with upper & lower tubular control arms
Parallel Air4Link rear setup
4way ride pro control with 2 white face dual needle gauges
2 5 gallon tanks
2 Viair 450s
8 GC 1/2" Valves
1/2" line
gauge line
145psi switch.

The front and rear kits come complete with the bags, shocks, hardware and the like. Is there anything I am missing? I want to make sure that if I get this, with a little more trimming in the front I can lay frame all around on my 20s with a 27" overall diameter tire (255/35/ZR20). Thanks in advance! :bowtie:

·
trucknut
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I did look into the KP Canti, and the only reason I'm not getting it is because I can get this ART setup for cheaper than your group buy prices. Besides, by the time I get the money to slang for it, the GP will most likely be done :insane:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
thecodeman said:
8 GC 1/2" Valves
QUOTE]

I'm confused here, the 4-way RidePro *are* valves ..so why get them if you are going to use GC 1/2? thanks. Everything else looks fine, except I would lookinto the KP 6-link

·
trucknut
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bcubed said:
thecodeman said:
8 GC 1/2" Valves
QUOTE]

I'm confused here, the 4-way RidePro *are* valves ..so why get them if you are going to use GC 1/2? thanks. Everything else looks fine, except I would lookinto the KP 6-link
According to the ART website ( www.ridepro.com ), thats the name for their Gauge/Switch combo on a stainless plate. Therefore, I will use the GC valves:D

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
I don't know why you'd get that ART shit. Why waste your money on 1/2" valves when you're running 1/4" port F9000s.

I'd definitely get the KP Canti, even if it is more money. It's just better. And run Slam bags, you'll get more lift and a better ride.

ART shit is for people who just want to pick up their truck (slowly), drive it, lay it down (slowly), and never play with the bags. A quality product for sure, but geared more towards the mild side of this hobby.

·
trucknut
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the only reason I was looking into this is because of the good deal I could get. I didn't know they only had 1/4" port bags, that sucks :insane: Sounds like more saving for the KP Canti and slam specialties.

·
Registered
255 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
just want to pick up their truck (slowly), drive it, lay it down (slowly), and never play with the bags. A quality product for sure, but geared more towards the mild side of this hobby.

i know this isn't the coolest thing to say, but if i bag my rig, that is exactly what i'll be looking for. so i guess AirRide is exactly what i need.

hell, i'm not even worried about laying out.

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
mood_indigo said:
i know this isn't the coolest thing to say, but if i bag my rig, that is exactly what i'll be looking for. so i guess AirRide is exactly what i need.

hell, i'm not even worried about laying out.
Ya, that's totally cool, different strokes for different folks. ART is the best you can buy if that's the direction you want to take with your truck.
:bowtie:

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I would definitely save for the KP canti. And yes, F9000 bags only come in 1/4" ports.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
that's fine I just know when I had my 255/35/20's on my truck I measured them when I reprogrammed my computer and they were 26.5" tall. Just thought I'd let ya know cause a 1/2" can make a big difference some times.

·
Registered
255 Posts
way2hi said:
that's fine I just know when I had my 255/35/20's on my truck I measured them when I reprogrammed my computer and they were 26.5" tall. Just thought I'd let ya know cause a 1/2" can make a big difference some times.

did you measure it with the weight of the truck on the tire??

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
ART shit is for people who just want to pick up their truck (slowly), drive it, lay it down (slowly), and never play with the bags. A quality product for sure, but geared more towards the mild side of this hobby.
I do not agree with your statement at all. Sure the 1/4" ports on the f9000's may not be the fastest bag, but their coolride front end is engineered to perfection. ART is definately not "shit". Their products are designed by some of the best engineers in the world. Maybe they arent fast enough for you, but they're definately not "shit".

·
Registered
255 Posts
Beyond Static said:
I do not agree with your statement at all. Sure the 1/4" ports on the f9000's may not be the fastest bag, but their coolride front end is engineered to perfection. ART is definately not "shit". Their products are designed by some of the best engineers in the world. Maybe they arent fast enough for you, but they're definately not "shit".

i don't think he meant shit in the traditional sense of the word. kinda like someone saying don't touch my shit. when you really mean don't touch my truck.....i dunno :insane:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts