GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a sealed subthump box for a couple of years with (2) SA10's paired with a saz 1500d. I have never really been satisfied with the performance of my system. Although, the SA subs out perform all of my buddies generic shallow mount setups, I always wanted more. After watching countless videos on YouTube and reading many of ur threads interacting with Sean, I decided to go the ported enclosure route and ditch the sealed box. To make a long story short, I lifted my rear seat up 2" with boxed tubing. I then Contacted Matt with Soundoff Audio and we came up with a plan that would suit my needs ...... A ported enclosure Tuned to approximately 33-34hz. The Enclosure fits like a glove and sounds much better than the sealed box. SA-10's don't perform nearly as well in a sealed enclosure compared to the ported setup. I believe that putting SA-10's in a sealed box is a big no no! So first off I would like to thank Sean and the many hours he has put into answering all of our questions. I would also like to thank Matt with Soundoff Audio for working with me and answering all my emails and phone calls. So guys I am giving my stamp of approval! Shit sounds amazing now!

F65AC444-236F-4EF7-B450-E0E1CCCBBFD2_zpsui1mz8ke.jpg

153DEFA4-A7D6-4DFC-85CA-9EA30896655A_zpsjlaksyix.jpg

F9F0A48F-72F5-4CE5-927B-357A3095E246_zps6kgild0v.jpg

DA640435-F1F3-4900-A0A9-9F38B17BDD57_zps5pbju7km.jpg

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
looks nice man.. but i swear sa are meant for ported... you've been missing out this whole time :p shoulda made the switch sooner

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No kidding, right! Thanks bro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad to hear good things about those boxes. I've been kinda curious about enclosures from soundoff and also fox acoustics. I wanna do either a single 10 or dual 8, can't decide. Did you use both 10's or just one?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear good things about those boxes. I've been kinda curious about enclosures from soundoff and also fox acoustics. I wanna do either a single 10 or dual 8, can't decide. Did you use both 10's or just one?
2 10's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts