GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who makes good replacement fabric? I know companies like Katzskin are great for leather, but I prefer fabric. The fabric in my 2001 Suburban is actually in great shape with the exception of the drivers side seat bottom and thats not really that bad. But I'm thinking of going from light grey to dark grey fabric. I'd either like to go OEM dark grey or an aftermarket equivalent. And not just covers, but actually removing my existing fabric and replacing it.

So is they any company that offers this? If not I may just go to a upholstery shop and have it done, I'm sure it would be cheaper than buying everything new from GM.

And while on the subject, where there ever captains chairs in fabric rather than leather?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, they made buckets in cloth for 99+. Don't know about aftermarket replacement cloth, though. I know that the OBS cloth was glued onto the seat foam (instead of velcro like the leather) so if you pulled the cloth off it tore up the foam cushion.

So when people went from cloth to leather they had to leave the cloth on but cut out strips to allow placement of velcro strips to hold the leather on. I wouldn't be surprised if the NBS were like that, too. That's probably why you don't see OEM cloth seat sets like you do leather.

You do see OEM cloth replacement seats in the newest style trucks 2007+ so guess they changed the way they were installed.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my cheap ass Saturn the fabric is held in place with a few velcro scrips and metal rods to hold the contour with hog rings attaching it to the seat frame. Pretty easy to swap fabric on. I was assuming my 01 Suburban was the same way considering it was over double the price of my Saturn. But you never know with GM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts