GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Trucker101
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
How do I get my spare tire down? When I try & turn the center piece it won't budge? What is the trick? Thanks

Click on pic to enlarge it.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
you should have some rods with the factory bottle jack and stuff. look next to your rear license plate, theres a cover. flip it open, assemble the rods and stick them in and twist.

·
Trucker101
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you should have some rods with the factory bottle jack and stuff. look next to your rear license plate, theres a cover. flip it open, assemble the rods and stick them in and twist.
Nope,I bought it privately & never got any of that stuff.I don't remember any cover to flip open :hmm: but I'll be looking for it now,thanks.

·
Trucker101
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I went out & looked,there is a hole in the bumper & thru the hole there is what looks like a cone shaped tube. I tried to use a long 3/8th extension on my ratchet to turn it, but that just spins in the tube & kind of got jambed up in there.
What will work in here?

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
You are gonna need those extending tubes to drop it. You don't have the factory jack or the tire tools (crow-bar lug wrench, extension tubes)? Until you can get some, borrow from a friend or work truck.....

·
Trucker101
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are gonna need those extending tubes to drop it. You don't have the factory jack or the tire tools (crow-bar lug wrench, extension tubes)? Until you can get some, borrow from a friend or work truck.....
I don't have a flat now, I just want the needed parts incase I do get a flat.Thanks :)

·
Trucker101
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
i assume he's talking about yours with the 6.5

and i just threw away my factory tools, otherwise i'd send em to you for just the cost of shipping. you could do it with about 3 feet of 3/8 extensions lol.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
Yeah the 6.5's in a halfton were rare, nice truck, good luck.

·
Trucker101
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes your truck. did you buy it new or used?
Thanks:cheers:Yes I bought it used a year ago.Just put on a new to me "pmd" got the old one unplugged with a long screwdriver.And now a brand new to me "Used" spare tire dropper downer tool.

I bought it to tow my trailer Oops sorry,:biggrin: wrong pic should be this one.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
Nice my neighbors 6.5 had 275k on it when he sold it he used it to tow a 31ft boat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts