GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys keep your spare tire in the bed of your truck? What do you use to keep it from getting tossed around in the back of the bed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
At one time I had two long Threaded rods, and just ran them through where the lug nuts would go and let it lay in the bed of the truck, used nuts and washers to hold it down..

·
GMFS OG Member
760 Posts
I usually don't keep a spare in my truck. If I plan on taking a trip of any considerable distance I'll throw my spare and jack back there but for cruising around town and to work I don't bother. I have a cell phone with me.

·
Registered
343 Posts
did the pre-99 GM's not have a spare under the bed?

·
GMFS OG Member
760 Posts
Yes, they had them under the bed. I never kept mine down there because I was running 275/60/15s. It didn't really fit real well. Then I got my Budnik 17s and decided not to carry it all the time. Its been almost a year without a spare and have never been stranded.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
I won a Suburban carpeted tire cover on ebay and put the spare in it and into the bed. I'm planning on one day mounting it in it, but for now it is help in pretty good with just the Line-X.

·
Registered
520 Posts
It's on my list to machine a low profile spare tire holder out of billet. The 4x4's have tire holders, but the thing mounts to where you practically have the whole wheel showing above the bed. For now...no tire and I've been fine.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1badazzchevy said:
It's on my list to machine a low profile spare tire holder out of billet. The 4x4's have tire holders, but the thing mounts to where you practically have the whole wheel showing above the bed. For now...no tire and I've been fine.
Is it on the top or the bottom of your list? :kidding:
Do you have a vison yet on what it's going to look like?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I went to an auto store and got an RV tire cover and put it on my spare and tossed it into my bed. Doesn't move around much, even with having a plastic liner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts