GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought i would check the plugs today after school because of my rough idle and this is what i found...they were all kinda ashy lookin and some of them broke when i took them off...i went to O'reilly's and replaced all of them...but i has been less than 15k since i last replaced them...what is the cause of this???thanks

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that should work now... thanks

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
I'm far from a pro on these, but to me they don't look that bad. They definately shouldn't be breaking when pulling them though, did you use a torque wrench and did you check to see if the gap was right when you removed them?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i didnt use a torque wrench when i removed them...and it was like they were seized in there or something so some of them broke off...i replaced all of them and put anti-seize on the threads...didnt cure the rough idle

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i didnt use a torque wrench when i removed them...and it was like they were seized in there or something so some of them broke off...i replaced all of them and put anti-seize on the threads...didnt cure the rough idle
surprise, surprise...they looked normal. Its probably gonna be one of the stupid ass sensors acting up causing the rough idle.

·
Registered
405 Posts
surprise, surprise...they looked normal. Its probably gonna be one of the stupid ass sensors acting up causing the rough idle.
:word:

They look normal to me too. Have you looked at your cap/rotor?? Any certain times it misses/runs rough or all the time no matter what?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its basically rough all the time at idle...when i first start it up to go to class...it idles high then kicks down like its suppose to...then at a light it will be rough..then when its alittle warmed up maybe its alittle better then when its completly warmed up its rough...im leaning toward a sensor to

im going to check the CTS tomarrow if i can get the electrical conector off...ive been trying for awhile now and its in a tight stop and i cant seem to get my hand near the clip to pull up and unplug...

thanks for the help guys and keep the ideas coming

1 - 9 of 9 Posts