GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the spark plugs in my 02 1500 5.3, it has 65k on clock....so what I am wondering is should i go with the tr55 or the ngk iridium, the plugs seem fine, just trying to maintain and maybe pickup some extra mpg, power etc. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i just replaced mine...just got AC Delco plugs from autozone. thats what your truck comes with from the factory anyways, there like $7 each. i also got duralast wires because they didnt have anything else.

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up talking to Dub Silverado and ordered a set of the NGK TR55 from him. Thanks for the input.

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up ordering the NGK plugs, I would rather support a board member vs the stealership who wanted almost 9 bucks a plug.

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
bosch platinum 4 all the way of course there expensive but yea you already got your plugs.

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
bosch platinum 4 all the way of course there expensive but yea you already got your plugs.
bosch platinum's are some of the worst plugs IMO. they run like crap unless it's a volkswagon. never seen them due good for an American car.:pow:

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ran the bosch plat 4s in my IROC-Z and in my Corvette, never buying them again......but hey thats just my opinion. Glad you have had good luck with yours, they work for some ppl, and not for some.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts