GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on picking out a good set of speakers. The HU is a Rockford Fosgate that I got off Silverado_Dude. I know the speakers in the doors are 6.5, don't know what size the rear are, or should I just replace the ones in the doors only? I don't have an amp as of yet. At my age my hearing is going bad, all I want is a good crisp sound. And when I drive by the young kids I can crank it up, :rocking: and hear them say "check out the FOP" (fuckin old people).

TIA
Kal

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't have one. But I really don't want to sink a whole lot $$ just for speakers, I much rather spend it on other mods for the truck. Just looking for some nice sounding speakers.
What do you have up your sleeve? :kidding:

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Dubboy said:
check out the RE components. they have just come out, and are running a deal, they are like 175. These things will walk all over any other speaker know, mainly becuase they use the new XBL^2 tech. I am ordering a set next week

http://acoustic-visions.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1805&st=0&#entry11506
wes
The only thing is that he'd need an amp to run those, which would be another cost. Those are definitely some nice speakers though...

Kal, my dad had some crappy speakers in his car with a piece of crap deck. I pulled it and replaced it with an Alpine, and then added these speakers up front...
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cW80cy...=52000&I=1086002I&o=p&a=0&cc=01&avf=N&search=
While you might get some reccomendations to run components, if you're running speakers off the deck, I'd prefer to use coaxials. Crutchfields prices are a bit high, so I'd look on ebay too, and places like www.sounddomain.com and www.thezeb.com Let me know if you need any help :head: Oh yeah, your rear speakers are probably 4x6 plates

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Wes for the link. I think I have to run a amp with those, I not really ready for an amp just yet.

David I'll check out the different places you suggusted. Thanks again :shake:

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
imo infinity's refence series are some of the best speakers for the price, and what you're looking for. not super expensive, but still give true, accurate sound. i've had two sets of the 6.5 components, they're very nice. recently upgraded to kappa components, so i can say from experience infinity makes excellent speakers.

infinity reference 605CS, as low as $52 on eBay...

infinity REF6402CFP, as low as $17 on eBay...

looks like prices went down since i last bought speakers on eBay. you are not going to find any speaker that compares to these in a store at these prices.

·
Registered
820 Posts
i'm with you hovisimo I have had a set of references for like 2 years and they still sound great, and they have been on an amp so they hold up good. Infinity is the way to go

·
Banned
59 Posts
Hovismo,

Why do none of the REF6402CFP look like the picture you have listed where there's actually a speaker and a tweeter, all the pics on ebay only have the speakers? Are you sure that's the right model number?

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
bcossette said:
Hovismo,

Why do none of the REF6402CFP look like the picture you have listed where there's actually a speaker and a tweeter, all the pics on ebay only have the speakers? Are you sure that's the right model number?
fixed, searched under the wrong model #.

they show a picture of the kappa components under the reference components on infinity's webpage, the reference components are silver-white in color.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I would definately say Infinity, their speakers sound awesome, and are pretty inexpensive. I also recommend Pioneer if you get some good ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts