GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
previously USMC05
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my speaker works fine untill you screw it to the door panel. it sparks and shorts out. any ideas? i just took the speaker out of one f250 to another one so i have no idea why its doing that.

someone has to know

·
previously USMC05
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just out playing with it more and you can touch the speaker to the door and it works but as soon as the screws touch the screw holes is quits. the screw dont short it out on the painted metal of the door only the holes so what do i need to do throw some paint in the threaded hole?

·
Registered
260 Posts
take a close look at the tensil leads on the speaker. the tensil leads are the wires from the speaker terminals to the speaker cone. I have seen these leads close to or actually touching the speaker frame and this has caused speakers to not work. if the leads are ok, try putting opposite pressures on opposite sides of the speaker. in other words push slightly down on one side and slightly up ( kinda tweaking) on the other side ( don't press toooo hard). what your testing here is to see if the speaker cone is locking up.
a ? here, when you start to screw the speaker in doyou see a slight spark?

·
Registered
7 Posts
take a close look at the tensil leads on the speaker. the tensil leads are the wires from the speaker terminals to the speaker cone. I have seen these leads close to or actually touching the speaker frame and this has caused speakers to not work. if the leads are ok, try putting opposite pressures on opposite sides of the speaker. in other words push slightly down on one side and slightly up ( kinda tweaking) on the other side ( don't press toooo hard). what your testing here is to see if the speaker cone is locking up.
a ? here, when you start to screw the speaker in doyou see a slight spark?
If the speaker can connect multiple speakers, then it is one that is going to be a great one for your use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts