GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was watching trucks this weekend. And they happen to be working on the "second chance silverado". They put a flowmaster exhaust and a spectre cold air intake on the 5.3. Well I looked them up because I have never heard of them and low and behold I found a complete kit for the 6.0 for under $120 shipped. How does this kit compare to all the other $300-$400 kits out there. It seemed to look like a quality kit when they were installing it. From the looks of it it looks a lot like the airaid or aem kits. anyone have any say on this kit? Even if the filter is junk might be worth getting just for the tube, air box and upgrade the filter later on. Anyway just wanted to ask the question before I pulled the trigger.

Another option I was looking into was the Airaid MIT (modular intake tube) and use the stock air box. Which is the better option??? Both are around the same price once I get the Airaid mit and filter fo the stock air box.

What would you guys do? :worship:Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what I figured...I could just buy a nicer filter down the road....which would you guys say would be louder?

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
yeah, I thought Spectre was an Autozone house brand, but I see they also have them at pep-boys...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yep I got one at autozone with a 45% discount and I couldnt be happier for that price. The filter is just like a k&n that came with mine, just wash it with the solvent and re-oil it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My dads one of them people that makes friends with damn near everyone my giving them shit..well after about 3 months of that the local store manager started giving him "the farmers discount".

It probably helps that about every other week we are dropping 300+ on parts, gaskets, etc etc.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
fuck it im going to get one, later on down the road ill put a universal K&N filter. :)

i think everything does the same from outlaw to k&n, i see it more as hollister compared to jcpenny clothes :)

9,777 Posts
I just installed the Spectre on my Tahoe and so far I really like it...got some wierd issues with the AC after installing it, but I think it has NOTHING to do with it...sounds awesome under throttle too!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
i got mine installed yesterday too. Everything is really solid and not cheap EXCEPT for the filter. I plan to change it asap. Other than that its worth every penny.

9,777 Posts
i got mine installed yesterday too. Everything is really solid and not cheap EXCEPT for the filter. I plan to change it asap. Other than that its worth every penny.
the filter on mine looked every bit as good as a K&N?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
it looks ok, but its very flimsy like i can pretty much fold it in half. Would prefer the dry flow filter over this one.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts