GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how fast can you go in 2nd gear? mine will run to 98 then shift to 3rd, then i dont know how fast it goes after that. i can be rolling about 90..and it'll shift to 2nd, pull hard then shift to 3rd pull harder, then it'll shift out to 4th..

i just want to be able to see how fast im truely going..instead of seeing 100mph..

i also wanted to kind of go with a 3:73 rear end from a 3:42...think it'd murder my gas mileage a lot...or still keep me around 16 mpg

thanks

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
how big of a tire are you running? Are you on a stock tune? That seems pretty weird because mine shifts at 100mph, but I'm running 265/75/16's and I spin my cam till 6400 rpms on 3.42s

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have mud brute 265/75/16, i redid the tire height to a 31.5"
i have the hypertech in it...
all i know is i kept up with a 06 charger last night on I-10 coming out of new orleans going into the hammond/laplace switch.
i ran out of room to pass so i got behind him and stayed on him then would back off and come right back on him.

i just want to see how fast i'm really going...

it's a stock engine, just cold air, programmer, exhaust.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
those tall ass gears and tires are having you run WAY up there in speed before shifts... if you want top end, its not a bad thing, but your overall mileage will probably suffer and it'll be a dog out of the hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts