GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so tonight I'm driving down the interstate, and I look at the speedometer. It says like 95! I made mention to my girlfriend that it didn't feel like 95 and slowed down to, what it said was, 70. It felt like 40. It didn't occur to me until I came to a stop and the speedometer read 35 that i realized it was "zeroing" on 35. Now when i turn off and start it again, it drops down like 5-10 as the idle speed. but my question is, what is the real problem here??? and what needs to be done to fix it??? is it something that i can fix or do i need to get a new cluster? I've searched and read about this problem and people getting esky guage. how do those look? would this be necessary?

thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
its a dealer recall...from what i hear it happens to ALOT of 03+ trucks. the problem is that they go 35 over. i dont know if that warrenty still applies to you but i heard about guys with 04s getting new ones for free from the dealer...im pretty sure it was the cluster that needed replacing. i would go for an esky cluster tho because yours is an 03 so you couldnt do leds or anything without twist in sockets...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone have pics of the esky cluster in their truck? I've never seen one before. and do the esky clusters come w/ the transmission temp guage?

·
The Dude
505 Posts
My truck started the same shit about a month ago. I finally ordered an Escalade cluster this week for mine as the dealer knew of no such recall. The Escy clusters do have a trans temp guage but I don't know if it will work with your Allison tranny since the Caddy's didn't have that transmission. They either used the 4L60E or the 80E, I don't know which for sure. But here is a link to a picture of the clusters and where I bought mine from.

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=270

By the way, I'm not sure of what causes the clusters to break, but I heard that some plastic gear inside is to blame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts